• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

nightmare

Youse guys probably thought I was kidding.

Attachments

• MVC-015S.JPG
    MVC-015S.JPG
    32.3 KB · Views: 89
  • MVC-015S.JPG
    MVC-015S.JPG
    32.3 KB · Views: 81
Sorry, My camera had the wrong number on the picture. I hope this one shows my panels on my Vette. Where do you guys put yours?

Attachments

• MVC-016S.JPG
    MVC-016S.JPG
    35.2 KB · Views: 84
air box

hey the first pictures i thought that was you recovering from taking your sled apart or your wife having to relax from listening to you complaining about taking your sled apart ;)!

It took me more than 5 minutes to read how to take the sparkplugs out. I'm impressed with anybody that can change sparkplugs on the trail in 5 minutes. It would take me 5 minutes to find a safe area to place all those panels.

Nice Rumble said:
It's a four stroke. Why would you need to change spark plugs?

That's a good thought, however, the first generation Yamaha Genesis engine was indeed prone to fouling plugs and clogged idle circuit jets, mostly from improper warm up and choke procedures.

Nice Rumble said:
It's a four stroke. Why would you need to change spark plugs?
If you start the sled and don't let it warm up several times (like for showing your buddies) the plugs can foul.

HEY APEX YOOPER!

Where's the good pics of your wife?

I'm sure you've got some somewhere!!!!!!!!!!

We won't tell!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

LOL!

BR

the first generation Yamaha Genesis engine was indeed prone to fouling plugs

Not true. I have an 03 with 3500 miles, never fouled a plug. Same with everyone I know who has one. If you let the engine warm up, you will never foul one. If I needed to change one on the trail I would be in trouble, because I don't carry any spares. I would have to go to the dealer first. This is just not something you have to worry about. :4STroke:

yamahey said:
the first generation Yamaha Genesis engine was indeed prone to fouling plugs

Not true. I have an 03 with 3500 miles, never fouled a plug. Same with everyone I know who has one. If you let the engine warm up, you will never foul one. If I needed to change one on the trail I would be in trouble, because I don't carry any spares. I would have to go to the dealer first. This is just not something you have to worry about. :4STroke:

Again, IF you did not follow proper warm up and choke procedures, which was a learning curve for many, it DID foul plugs. That is MY experience initially with my sled, then 3 buddies who wouldn't listen and learn from my initial, early season experience. :? After my early, first season blues, I never fouled another plug in 6,500 miles with my '04 Warrior.

By the way, if you're going to quote me, please don't pull a CNN, please use the entire quote for proper context. Thanks! ;)!

By the way, if you're going to quote me, please don't pull a CNN, please use the entire quote for proper context. Thanks! ;)!

Now that's some funny stuff, in the right context of course! ;)!

Snowman

Back