• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Nitro Seat on RX-1

99SRX700

Extreme
I was at a show this weekend and I sat on the new nitro. I like the way it sits but I don't like the high handlebars. It got me thinking though...could you put a nitro seat on an 05 RX-1? I don't see why not. All you need is a nitro seat with a nitro tank cover (to fit the higher seat). You would definately have to do something with the handlebars but I am thinking that adding a riser would be all it takes. If this is possible then a nitro seat with a riser of your choice might be an option for someone looking to be a little more rider forward on their 05 RX-1. If anyone knows whether or not this is possible let me know. From the looks of things it is. The seats all look the same as far as how the contour over the tunnel and rear pipes goes. And you get more storage with the new seat too!

99SRX700 said:
It got me thinking though...could you put a nitro seat on an 05 RX-1?
i don't think so with out some modifacation. looking at the exhaust exit they're a little different. not to mention i think the muffler on the rx sits right where the trunk is on the nitro. i could be wrong as i'm going off memory adn that's something i've been short on lately

When I was at the show they had an 05 rage and I compared the two. The exhaust outlets are different but that has nothing to do with the seat. If you look closely you will see that all the machines, including the 05's and even the Apex have the same lower seat line. In other words the bottom part of the seat is identical on all of them. In fact I think the apex has the same seat as the nitro. Its deceiving because the new seats are higher and there is a lot more space above the exhaust but look closely and you will see what I mean. The more I look the more convinced I am that it will work. The only question now is how much is a seat and tank cover going to cost me...and will I be able to find a decent used one down the road. Good thing for me they made a blue nitro. I have a blue RX-1 and a matching tank cover is key to keeping the sled from looking like frankenstein if I do this. Still not sure if I want to go with that position though, I kind of like my 05 because you can still sit back and stretch while your screaming down the trail on those long rides.

I did check into putting the nytro on the vector the seat will fit but the gas tank cover would have to be cut or changed. I didn't think the vector will fit the rx-1 .

Buy a BOSS highrise, articulated riser and Cat SnoPro bars and you'll have what you're looking for. Its what I did and cost was around $600.00 for everything. Plus the BOSS seat saves a bunch of weight over any stock Yamaha seat, and you wont have to cut up your tank cover. :Rockon: Looks like this when you're done:

Attachments

• 03RX1.jpg
    03RX1.jpg
    49.1 KB · Views: 217
4strokesmoke said:
That boss seat looks sweet :Rockon: Now you got me thinking to buying a boss for my vector !!

If you go that route PM Freak. He get you a good deal. I bought my seat from BOSS but the wife's RMK seat will be coming soon. I saved over $100 by buying the seat from freak vs. my RX-1 seat. Here's a sliver accented BOSS Standard Highrise seat for you silver sled ownsers.

Jim

Attachments

• RX-1 updated.jpg
    RX-1 updated.jpg
    88.7 KB · Views: 207
You could use the tank cover from the nitro too. I don't see any reason why that wouldn't fit...its the same as the 05 RX-1 except it is cut shorter for the higher seat.

was told at show in Minneapolis that Boss is coming with a RX-1 seat with a rear storage tool box built in it. Problem is it would be 10 weeks out at this time - that is spring.
Doug

Back