• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

No bashing. Who is not studded- 15" x 137" x 1.25"

I don't run them on my 129. It transfers so well, that traction isn't an issue, even with a tune.

I have missed them a couple times for stopping, but overall, I don't miss them.

I have some I-Grips ordered for our new winder. (Small screws with carbide tips that screw into your lugs on the track) Hopefully I get just a little bit of added safety for braking or coming into a corner and finding ice. These sidewinders are sneaky fast. And they ride great! So it's easy to carry too much speed into a corner! Other goal is not to throw any studs or rip the track with studs! I would love to have a pre studded track. But they dont make one in 2 ply. Dont think a one ply track is a good idea on a winder! I know I-Grips and pre studded tracks are not nearly as good as adding studs. But I think they should be just enough to keep the ponies under a little more control.

I don't run them on my 129. It transfers so well, that traction isn't an issue, even with a tune.

I have missed them a couple times for stopping, but overall, I don't miss them.
I edited the original post to include any 1.25" tracks, including the 129. ;)!

I run a 137 backcountry 1.75 track on the trails with no studs. I know it's not the track you are referring to but it hooks up pretty damn good in the snow we get here in the northern UP.
I have hit an ice patch while on the gas at 80 plus mph and with the hp of these sidewinder it increased the track speed in a blink of an eye.
Back end jumped out sideways some but recovered fine and I lifted off the throttle.

I still run with no studs but I always have to be ready to chase the back end of the sled when it breaks loose.
My next track will be a 1.5 lug with studs just because I like to use the hp we have.

My 2017 LTX was studded and had trouble with the studs damaging the coolers, to much damage to garage floor and trailers. Didn't stud the 2020 Gt 3600 miles no problems just stayed more aware of my surroundings. just ordered my 2021 GT yesterday, new skis! Have to admit the 850's are getting closer!

Pre studded 1.22 Ice Attack XT Has the small grippers. Happy with performance and traction. Totally stock, no tunes.

The stud or no stud conundrum is settled with this one question... do I want to RIP across this glare ice lake at 130 mph without studs?

My answer... Hell no! Did that once, came Around sideways in short order then rode home and changed my undies and studded it.

I do not run any studs, For over 20 years...

It is safer to run with them, just the track wears (damages and tears) a lot quicker and is harder on garage floor and asphalt...

That is my choice, for the above reasons.
x2. have had a few tracks with 10000 and more, look like new. I have a few ice cobras too. I try to only ride good snow and everything seems to last forever, no matter how hard I run them. I dont miss studs, especially with todays tall lugs. If I were racing and someone else payed, maybe

Back