• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

No choke on 08 phazer

Rove44

Extreme
Just picked up an 08 phazer for my wife. While looking the sled over i noticed there's no choke lever . is this right? will this effect starting on cold days??

The 08 phazer has electronic fuel injection, it does not have a choke. I suggest that you have a look around these forums to read up on the specs of your new machine.

Thanks Pattyjack i will do that. It did'nt come with an owners manual. so i will use this forum as my guide...

No problem, any questions at all don't be afraid to ask even if you think they are stupid. Its better then a broken sled!

Just start it up untill the warmer light shuts off and ride ride ride.

ya same here
no pull either but REMEMBER!! ONCE YOU TURN THE KEY HOLD IT TILL IT STARTS UP! if you dont you will fawol (how ever you spell it) the plugs and there 16 bucks a piece. also let it idle down to i thin karound 1600rpm before moving

yo dude 12 said:
ya same here
no pull either but REMEMBER!! ONCE YOU TURN THE KEY HOLD IT TILL IT STARTS UP! if you dont you will fawol (how ever you spell it) the plugs and there 16 bucks a piece. also let it idle down to i thin karound 1600rpm before moving
Ive read that soo many times about people fowelling the plugs after not letting the engine warm up. Now after putting 9,000km on my Phazer and not changing the plugs more then twice just for regular maintenance why have I not fowelled any? I have accelerated by accident many times without letting the engine warm up and as some of you may or may not know, the engine kind of bogs down (thats how I can describe it) and no bad plugs or any probs.

I believe the risk of fouling is greatest when you sart it up and shut it down shortly after without letting it come up to temp.

The risk is reduced if you drive it away cold but it is still possible to foul then as well.

Rove44 said:
Thanks Pattyjack i will do that. It did'nt come with an owners manual. so i will use this forum as my guide...

Rove44, you can view the owners manual online:

http://www.yamaha-motor.com/sport/servi ... nuals.aspx

As far as choke, like everyone is saying it doesn't have one, but sometimes it can be hard to start when cold - a great trick is to put your hand over the exhaust while you are starting it, it always fires up immediately if I start it this way. I'm not 100% sure why that is, maybe it richens it up

A few times i've had to crank on and off for 10 times or more, but this trick fixes that.

-Mark

Back