• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

no comp

rocketxs

was riding on monday. noticed a clicking noise thought it was clucth noise. next thing sled shuts down tried to restart. engine spins over with no compression. almost like the timing chain had snap and the valves are not working. its a 06 rage with 3700 miles on it. going to dive in to it this weekend. any ideas or help would be great

thanks

timing chain!! :o| would be my guess we just had one at the dealership that stripped all the teeth off of the gear on crank shaft at 3650 miles!!! all the valves were junk and needed a whole new crank. yamaha did cove the parts though not the labor. hopefully you just broke your chain and didnt have the damage that this guy did.

Long time reader, first time post.
Timing chain tensioner.
My 06 Rage with 4500 miles on it did the same thing. Sled was 2 months out of warranty and Yamaha covered it 100% parts and labor. Would not give me a new motor but replaced crank, all timing components, All exhaust valves,pistons,rods,rings,oil pump. While it was in the shop they gave me a deal on a 07 Rage GT that I couldn't pass up. Have 5600 miles on it now and I just checked the chain and gears and everything looks fine. All I have to do I figure out my carb. problems and I'll be good to go.

Back