• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

No power to fuel pump

Paulo

Country
Canada
Snowmobile
2010 vector LTX GT; 2014 SR Viper LTX SE
So...fuel pump quit on my 2010 RS Vector LTX GT...Pump works as i tried running it directly from a power source; relay clicks when you turn the key, so i think that is fine...fuse looks ok on the solenoid, but there is a lot of corrosion at the contacts, and when i stick the multi meter probes in the fuse "slots" there is no continuity, so i am thinking i need a new one. (Starter still turns fine btw) any suggestions? Is the slenoid toast, or do i have a different issue??? Anywhere else I should be checking?

The power comes from the fused circuit of the starter solenoid, so check all those terminals especially the females in the connector.
However, if that was the case a code 46 should show on dash.

The power comes from the fused circuit of the starter solenoid, so check all those terminals especially the females in the connector.
However, if that was the case a code 46 should show on dash.
Yep, getting 2 codes, 43 and 46. And the females in the connector are green with corrosion, any idea how to clean these without breaking them?

Yep, getting 2 codes, 43 and 46. And the females in the connector are green with corrosion, any idea how to clean these without breaking them?
No, I would get a new starter solenoid and you may need to find a parts harness, or the same type female terminals and change them out.

they do make a set of terminal cleaning files but a steel nail file probably will be thin enough to clean it some until parts come in.

IMG_DE5C01629B22-1.jpeg IMG_989BBB918BCF-1.jpeg IMG_191BDD8E2C5D-1.jpeg
So..a little more trouble shooting. STARTER RELAY: Got 12v on the red with white wire with key on, and blue with white goes to ground when starter is cranked. Between 7 and 8v on the red with green wire, and the longer you leave the probes on the more it continues to drop... FUEL PUMP RELAY: same thing on the red with green, 12v on the red with white, 12v on the blue with red, and nothing on the red with blue.. If i jump the red with white over to the red with blue the pump powers up and runs continuously, and sled starts...but i know thats not the way its supposed to work!! Still no voltage at the fuel pump on the red with blue either, which is my main concern. Traced the hot wire from the fuel pump through the harness and it ends in a "terminal block" with a bunch of red wires and blue wires, near the primary clutch. (As shown in pics, cover off left, cover off right, cover on) Popped the cover off that and it looks fine.... Should also mention that with clip of test light on positive bat terminal, light comes on when touching ground wire at fuel pump, so that leads me to believe that it is not a grounding issue. Also checked the grounding blocks throughout the harness for corrosion and found none.....This is driving me mad... someone please help!

Last edited:
So my vector went to the shop...turns out it was the starter relay, which i did repalce, but it was with a cheap amazon replacement part. The key is to have two 12v wires from the starter relay to the fuel pump relay, one for magnetizing the coil in the relay and one to continue through the relay...i only had one 12v and one 7-8v...corrosion in the relay was causing voltage drop. When ever possible, buy genuine replacement parts-lesson learned.

Back