• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

"No topics or posts met your search criteria"

Before I go on, MrSled I am not asking you to fix this problem. I just want to offer information to the others that are having this issue. So this is what I have done:

I have dropped all security settings in IE to test.
Turned off all firewalls and antivirus.
Removed router and went direct to Charters cable box
Add www.ty4strokes.com to the trusted sites
Searched using the methods in this thread
Used a different pc on the same network.
Used a different pc on a different network (same ISP)
Used, IE6, IE7, and Mozilla

None of these things resolved the issue. I have searched PHP support forums and found many boards are having the same issue. Yet, no one has a solution!

It makes no sense as to why it works for some and not others. I have a hard time believing it is a code issue. About the only thing I can come up with is some weird ISP issue, but I believe that is a stretch.....

Anyone else have any info to add.

Swiss Sledder said:
RunninRX1 said:
Each day I logon, and usually click the Active Topics (12 or 24) to see what's new.
1st page always shows fine.
If there are multiple pages of new posts, 50% of the time clicking on "2" or "Next" to go to next page fails. If there is more than 2 (which is very common lately as alot of posts are beig made) it fails 90-95% of the time to show the new posts. If you reset it by clicking 12 or 24 agaian.. usually you can see what it didn't show the 1st time you tried.
This never happens to me. This is what I do and maybe you could try it and see if it corrects the problem.
- When first visiting the site, either click on view posts since last visit or on Active Topic (24h)
- When you see a topic you want to view, for IE users, right click on the topic and select Open in New Window
- Read the topic, post in it if needed, then close the window

The key is to always leave your first window open to the original page that you started. You should be able to navigate to pages 2, 3, etc. without getting the error message. You can also refresh this page without getting the error message so updated topics will be appear at the top.

Tried all of the above. Does not work. Can flip pages without a dogfight.

this is the problem...when you click the 12 or 24 hrs post, and as you are trying to go thru the pages and someone adds a post as you are going to another page it will fail everytime....it tosses the search into a non valid state, the only thing to do is click the 12 or 24 hr again and go onto the next page you desire....You will see the new post on the top of the list each time you click.

I checked this on IE and Mozilla, it fails in both browsers. But this work around will work in both as well.

I havent changed anything....so I am not sure what else I can provide other then what has been mentioned.

Back