• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

No washer behind secondary

SJ I had a thin washer behind the secondary and noticed when I had it off the other day the washer was wearing from contact so I flipped it over only because I didn't have another thin washer on hand(1mm). Had a bunch of 2mm, but no thin washers. Wondered at the time of this was going to be an issue for guys with no shims behind the secondary with wearing.

Ya.. My thinking... Can't be a good thing... Although it could start on the machining I was thinking of doing lol

Right...that thought crossed my mind also. Gives more room for shimming!

Had anyone tried no washer behind secondary? Did the bearing clip do anything to the hub?
Yes. No. I think the secondary hub is hardened, at least on the other end. I tried scratching an indexing mark into it with no luck. It might be case hardened so machining could pose a problem. I'd machine enough off to plan for shim usage.

Since the shaft and circlip shin with the clutch... Only impact is truly the concern and more specifically the circlip... Could it get knocked out?

Are you guys feeling like I am that in the middle of the range might be best?

Are you guys feeling like I am that in the middle of the range might be best?
Or less and let it float out. But then it seems that the belt would rub hard on the primary inner sheave at idle.

Since the shaft and circlip shin with the clutch... Only impact is truly the concern and more specifically the circlip... Could it get knocked out?
Wouldn't think it could get knocked out any quicker with or w/o the shim.

Or less and let it float out. But then it seems that the belt would rub hard on the primary inner sheave at idle.

Don't think it ever actually floats out... Maybe it's the twisting of the motor ... But it always seems to want to run in

Don't think it ever actually floats out... Maybe it's the twisting of the motor ... But it always seems to want to run in
The stock secondary allows float, after the sled is moving, outward not inward.

Back