• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Nytro engine in phazer

Winbjork

Hello. i have own a phazer mtx in 2007 and now i have a nytro mtx. i like the nytro but it`s somethning special with the phazer. it`s absolute the most fun sled i have ride ever.

have some one hear about some one that have try put a nytro enigne in a phazer ?

(sorry for my bad english)

You have both, take some measurements and try to see if she will fit. I would be interested in that.

it's not supposed to fit. the nytro is like the phazer, the whiole chasis is designed round the motor, you might be able to squeez it in but you're gonna run into some issues with balance, heat, and panel clearances.

you have to remember that the 3 cylender genesis engines run brutally hot, one of the reasons why the tunnels aren't closed on the nytro. also the nytro engine is heavier your phazer is gonna gain some weight (almost 50 lbs). in my opinion the weight the phazer is capable of being is amazing! to add 50 lbs is almost sacrelige.

I believe Yamaha did it.Didnt they race one before Nytro came out?Really though it would be easier to just put a Phazer tunnel and suspension on a Nytro.Front end also.Who knows maybe the width of the castings is real close.

Is is still nobody that have try puting a nytro engine in a phazer ?? A phazer mtx with a 130 - 140 hp engine must be a real fun sled in the snow.

I have a phazer mtx turbo for 2 years ago but i don like the huge turbolag, i whant good response. Now i hav a 09 nytro mtx, i realy like the sled but i think a phazer with nytro engine is bether =)

There was a Nytro w/ an Apex motor in it in a mod sled magazine I saw recently.....I think it had a blower/turbo in it too.
A friend of mine saw this the other day....

TL1000 motor in a....ahem Phazer :4STroke:
1266854034209imagejpeg_2.jpg

imagejpeg_3.jpg

QUADSCRIB, now thats cool! Is that a local project, or is that something your friend saw in a magazine? Try to keep us updated on how that turns out. Ive seen Hooligan bikes, but thats going to be the ultimate Hooligan sled. ;)!

Yes that IS a local project. One of the owners of Slicks Great Lakes Salvage (Mason,MI) is buliding this. And from what I understand is going to run it as a shifter (not sure what else you'd do).
Looks pretty bad #*$&@ to me!!!!

Back