• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Nytro Engine Rebuilding

dirk_03

Expert
Does yamaha make a variety of rod and crank journal bearings to allow for grinding of the journals on these motors? Or is it pretty much buy a new crank? Anyone have any info on rebuilding these motors? Or have the link to the shop service manual?

I found one online already thanks though.

It looks like engine rebuilding is pretty much straight forward. Plastigauge everything, If I do it by the manual to a t it should be no problem. It doesn't look like having a journal surface reground is easy to figure out though for bearings, though it is probally doable with some trial and error on bearing sizes. Probally just find a dif crank.

I am looking at fixing a motor I just bought. I am think I am farther ahead to buy other good parts and fix this one rather than buy a "used" motor and have no idea what the motor looks like on the inside and what all the tolerances are.

Unless you had a major failure the bearings should last a very long time... I pulled mine apart at around 4000 miles to forge it and everything was like new, i just honed the cylinders for the new pistons and ended up putting the original bearings in the new rods

Back