• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Nytro for wife????

IFlyEm

Expert
Hey,
I ordered an XTX for myself and have been looking for a sled for my wife. Ride isn't her main concern. Steering pressure is. She had an 06 Nytro and that was too heavy for her. Since the Nytro was too heavy on the steering I am sure shes not going to like the Vector. She also doesn't like the narrow seat on the Phazer.

So it looks like either a TNT for her or a base Nytro. I'd like to keep her on a Yamaha if I can but she has to like it or my sled fund takes a beating.

Shes pretty small, only 5' and 105 lbs. She loved her 2002 MXZ 500 and her 2006 MXZ 500SS. Anyone have their wives riding Nytros?

have her reconsider the phazer, my wife loves hers and the seat is not an issue, if any it makes it easier to move around on. the phazer also steers alot easier than my nytro xtx. did i mention how much she loves her phazer

I don't know man..... my wife is exactly the same size as yours & she has ridden my FX Nytro, but only for a few miles and she said it was comfortable, but WAYYYYY too much power for her and alot harder to handle than her Z440.

I know it's apples to oranges comparing a little Z440 to a Nytro, but you gotta think of their(petite women) physical upper body strength.

Stick with something light & easy to manuver and she'll be happy & so will you (no complaining)

Although...... she could ride wheelies all the time & it would steer really easy. HA!!

my wife rides a xtx, she really likes it.... we did a little tweaking to the suspension to make it handle for her, but have it really close now. At first it had too little ski pressure and excessive transfer, adjusted the transfer rods, loosened up the spring on the front shock in the rear, softened the rear sping, and softened up the compression and rebound adjustments on the front shocks... seems to be working good, i need to ride it again to see where it is, but she wont let me.,.... lol

IFlyEm said:
Hey,
I ordered an XTX for myself and have been looking for a sled for my wife. Ride isn't her main concern. Steering pressure is. She had an 06 Nytro and that was too heavy for her. Since the Nytro was too heavy on the steering I am sure shes not going to like the Vector. She also doesn't like the narrow seat on the Phazer.

So it looks like either a TNT for her or a base Nytro. I'd like to keep her on a Yamaha if I can but she has to like it or my sled fund takes a beating.

Shes pretty small, only 5' and 105 lbs. She loved her 2002 MXZ 500 and her 2006 MXZ 500SS. Anyone have their wives riding Nytros?

My wife has 2500 miles on her 08 Nytro and loves it. She thinks it steers better than any sled she has ever owned. She also feels it steers easy and she loves how it rides. She likes to sit way up front on her sleds and thinks the Nytro seating position is better than her old Rev. I would suggest you get your wife to try a Nytro out at a dealer demo ride somewhere and see what she thinks.

My wife rides one of our XTX's, and she loves it compared to our Apex GT. says it's much easier to handle than the Apex.

^^^^^^^^^^
I was thinking that, but didn't go there. I'll make you a heck of a deal on a 99 Polaris two up and I guarantee she would love the 06 Nytro and never complain again. If you have pictures however, I may reconsider the trade......... ;)!

arteeex said:
Nytro for wife...Sounds like a great deal. When can we make the exchange?

lol..maybe I better show you what your getting before you'd be willing to give up your sled!

Attachments

• Sam's tree incident 2 02.11.07 small.jpg
    Sam's tree incident 2 02.11.07 small.jpg
    144.6 KB · Views: 90
  • Dinner at the Root Cellar 02.10.07 (Large).jpg
    Dinner at the Root Cellar 02.10.07 (Large).jpg
    118.4 KB · Views: 121
I should have been more clear, but my wife will explain everything when she get to Madison. You can pick her up at the bus station shortly.

No backs.

I think it takes a certain type of rider to ride a new Nytro. They don't suit most women. I would not get her one until she rides one. I think the Doo GSX 500SS is a great sled for a wife.

get a 2-smoke

my wife has an apex..and she says its too much power ..shes 5-5,and trains 3 times a week...tried a nytro and said the same..then she tried a polaris.. IQ..and said she like it alot..less power and lighter..seems women dont like power,,,guess they arnt as stupid :jump:

Back