• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Nytro got hot - Now wont start? - blown motor?

wolfe9904

Extreme
Hey Guys,
Last night I was going across a lake and had WOT a couple of times, came off and the temp light came on. Let it sit for 45 min , light came off fired up and rode it about 10 min before it got hot again. This time the oil was bubbling out of the air box. let it cool down for awhile to see if I could limp it to the next stop. Fired it up rode it with the hood off and it was ok no lights. stopped put the hood on rode it for another 20 min and it stalled while riding and now it won't restart. Motor sounded fine and running ok while it ran. Could the motor be gone?

I've had the same problem any input would be fantastic.compression is low,90-80-110.did we just wax the rings or maybe head gasket or could it be worse.

What happened was trails were blown apart by high traffic,we were almost home home from a 400 mile two day ride and I was skippin every third mogul.Had a big handlebar bag on so couldn't see the light.Coasted to an intersection to find it wasn't running.Could smell it was hot about then the guys pulled up told me to stop I had left a stripe of green since one huge blowout about a couple miles back.Front heat exchanger was busted.Was able to fill my gas cans with water and it did start after cranking a bit but water would just blow right out the exchanger.Started back up again to get in the trailer maybe an hour later.Cranked a long while the next morning,longer than I should have but I figured by then the motor was coming out so didn't care.Did start and sounded normal pretty snappy on the throttle as they are but didn't want to idle.Then did compression waiting for heat exchanger repair to do leak down.I've ridden this sled to hell and back for the past 11 years no problems.I have had the light come on numerous times but it was either very hard trails early morning or miles of ice running,or actually cold days or nights with a lot of fresh snow,we do a lot of high mileage backcountry cruising,the exhaust melts snow in tunnel just enough to build up in the tunnel and actually on the heat exchanger and keep it from getting fresh cool snow.I have always been able to slow down,get in unpacked snow off the side of trail or get to shore line on the lakes and get the light to go out and keep on truckin.When it builds up in the tunnel just stop for a few minutes..I do have it studded and that helps a bit.

yea, I dont think I cracked the exchanger. I had no green trail and the bottle is right where it should be

I let my Nytro idle too long once and it shut off.....restarted after cooling down. So, I believe there is overheat protection in the ECU programming. Do you have any codes?

ok so this what I found . I took out the heat exchanger and thats why It go hot and the oil got hot. Now it starts sometimes and throws a 30 code (oil pressure) but I hear the wire melts and causes the issue. I dont know if I damaged the motor or not .

Back