• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Nytro in the Trees

The YAMAHA lightweigt kit Is made by bdx, which historically was primarily a Cat shop, I think they were he inventors of the Diamond Drive....which might be finding it's way onto yamaha's in the near future...

hugger70mtnmax said:
So Nikolai I am curious about you rear skid. I just got my cat skid install finished. I started my rear shock at about 130. I just took a test drive around the yard but it seemed pretty stiff. Are you still having trouble with the rear skid feeling too soft even with the shock maxed out? I am wondering if I mounted the rear too high and it isn't going to feel right. I am about 215 so I don't think it's me weighing less. I should be out on the snow tomorrow so I'll see how it does. I am curious to see if this has any effect on turning and sidehilling and so forth.

I weigh 190. Even when I was running 150 psi the rear still felt a little soft but I'm 99% sure that's because there wasn't enough pressure on the front track shock. Also, the factory cat spring rate is only 125 lbs and I swapped in a 160 lb spring from Z-broz. I'll get a chance to try out the stiffer spring and re-valved Float all next week so I'll report back on the ride difference.

It'd be interesting if everyone running a cat skid in their Nytro would measure the front arm location to be able to compare.

Sorry guys, I've been reading this thread to find out who makes this A-arm kit, but can't find it. Do you guys know if it will be available for a short track version or is this strictly a mountain sled setup? I would love something like this for my 08 RTX...but I also noticed there isn't a location for a sway bar.

Yes, it's Skinz. Please don't bug them though, I'm doing a fine job of it myself. ;):D

To try and answer a few questions. They are "super close to to getting pricing and a final plan". Caleb's ( Nikolai ) feedback will be very important to them in determining the makeup of the final production units.

They were "probable" that they were going to make a 42" wide kit for the 144" and under sleds. I did not get clarification about sway bar mounting on these kits, but voiced my opinion that it would be a great option for them to do so.

I believe that there is very, very little chance that there will be any production units available to ride on yet this year. This is just my opinion. Guess what I'm saying is, count on it for next season, and if it comes early, well that's just a bonus now, isn't it.

Scott

Well I had my first ride today since I hit a rock and bent my subframe. I got it as straight as I could but the right ski is still sitting about three inches behind the other ski. There was a huge difference in the way it would steer one way over the other.

I guess what I'm getting at is that if there is as big of a difference moving the spindles forward with this kit then this thing will be awesome. The snow I was riding was fairly set up today and the handling really becomes tough. That is sidehilling with the good ski by the way.

scmurs said:
Yes, it's Skinz. Please don't bug them though, I'm doing a fine job of it myself. ;):D

To try and answer a few questions. They are "super close to to getting pricing and a final plan". Caleb's ( Nikolai ) feedback will be very important to them in determining the makeup of the final production units.

They were "probable" that they were going to make a 42" wide kit for the 144" and under sleds. I did not get clarification about sway bar mounting on these kits, but voiced my opinion that it would be a great option for them to do so.

I believe that there is very, very little chance that there will be any production units available to ride on yet this year. This is just my opinion. Guess what I'm saying is, count on it for next season, and if it comes early, well that's just a bonus now, isn't it.

Scott

Thanks Scmurs..don't worry about me buggin them..don't wanna mow you lawn lol. I was more curious than anything as they looked so radical. It;ll be interesting to see how moving the spindle ahead like that will help the twitchiness of the short track Nytros. They look awsome.

I wonder how many different shock set-ups these A-arms are going to fit?? Or is it just going to be for the floats??
I would hope it would be a universal fit as alot of guys went with coil overs Z-bros exit shocks etc..

Back