• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Nytro mountain shocks on a FX Nytro RTX

srxtim26076

Extreme
I purchased a set of nytro mountain front shocks off ebay very cheap. I was goint to try them on my 2008 FX nytro RTX rather than the floats. anyone try this set up?

srxtim26076 said:
I purchased a set of nytro mountain front shocks off ebay very cheap. I was goint to try them on my 2008 FX nytro RTX rather than the floats. anyone try this set up?

Those are going to be a very basic shock, most people buy the GYTR shocks off of a standard or XTX Nytro, there is 0 adjustment with the shocks you bought. What was the purpose of buying them (i.e. what didn't you like about the Floats?)

shocks

stick with the floats unless you absolutely hate them. i personally like the gytr piggyback's so if you can sell the mountain shocks and buy the piggybacks or sell the floats. you will not get the big bump comfort and obsorbshon with the mountain shocks. why would you buy the mountain shocks in the first place? not judging just wondering if you know something we dont.

The only reason I bought them is that i picked them up with some other parts(a-arms and steering compoents) for 30$ i figured i would try them. the floats are too stiff for me even though i put on the extra resevoir by nextec. I have been trying to pick up inexpensive gytr shocks but havent found any at a reasonable price

Back