• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Nytro race to trail sled project

Race front end basics are 2" forward with a but more castor better a arm spacing for roll center and better shock angle. The subframe also being stronger.

Yes the original plastics are used just cut up to fit. I think you would have a home run with basic tubular arms and spindles for around 1000 like zbroz (for those needing replacement stuff and a price breakdown) and around 750 for subframe. You would get a lot of people that may have tweaked subframes jumping all over it.

Did you take it out for a ride? I was interested in that sled, but decided to make changes and spend cash on my sled instead. This will be a cool project.

I've got to put a reply in here to follow this thread. I know a front end is in my future at some point and this is very exciting. Please keep us posted.

MrSled said:
bjowett said:
Tom, thanks for chiming in... I'll be in touch about picking up vendor status again.

No problem. If it all works out well, I can work with you and we can put a test unit on my XTX . Be sure to make the kits useable for standard shocks too...that will help a ton for sales.

Only way that front end will work is with spehicle bushings in the shocks. Stock plastic will work just nees cutting. I cam provide Brain with nose pan templates if needed

If you wanted to restore it here is a picture in full race trim

Attachments

• nytrorace.jpg
    nytrorace.jpg
    103.4 KB · Views: 275
It was above freezing today, so the i dragged the sled out for a strip down, hot water wash, and inspection.

Attachments

• nytrostrip1.jpg
    nytrostrip1.jpg
    143.4 KB · Views: 223
Time to bring these exhaust flex couplers back into action. I built them back in 2005 for my Rage... along with a header, which met some studs a few too many times, so it won't be used here. These HD couplers have a slightly larger diameter and much smoother internal flow... plus they get rid of the exhaust donut (I do know about the copper donuts, I was one of the first to machine and sell them). These couplers also happen to be the same ID as the Phazer and 2011+ Apex couplers.

Attachments

• 37mmflex.jpg
    37mmflex.jpg
    207.9 KB · Views: 160
  • 37mmflex2.jpg
    37mmflex2.jpg
    184.4 KB · Views: 173
Are flex couplers better in principle than full one piece like Hindle design?

Short answer, yes.

From what I can see, the Hindle is not a one piece... but rather uses several slip fits to absorb the rotation, vibration, and allow expansion and contraction. IME, using slip fits for these types of joints is an adequate and economical solution... that's not a dig, either, they can work very well. I think the flex couplings, when equipped with a proper flat spiral liner for extra strength and good flow, are higher quality and more appropriate solution.

Scored a 128" Mono Shock II skid. Since the stock skid is already set back, I will eventually build this sled into a 136".

I'm also finally going to build an Ohlins Big 50mm Shock for the skid. Piston, shaft, and reservoir all grow in size on this damper. Here's one I mocked up a few years back.

Attachments

• megaohlins.jpg
    megaohlins.jpg
    160.5 KB · Views: 153

Back