• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Nytro race to trail sled project

This sled is great... it works surprisingly well just cruising along, a bit stiff, but that is to be expected. However, when taken by the scruff, it simply rocks. Stable, no ski lift, turns when requested.

Can't wait to hear about the fronted more. I'll be getting an A- Arm / spindle set up soon.

No, even at full tilt, it does not smooth out that much. :tg: Again, that was expected from this set-up. I can, and will, make it do everything well with a Mono skid equipped with an Ohlins PDS Shock.

so sad that Yamaha gave up on this setup. seemed to do better than the viper is doing this year....... late release a 2015 nytro or bring it back for 2016 with this front end Yamaha!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :die

bjowett said:
No, even at full tilt, it does not smooth out that much. :tg: Again, that was expected from this set-up. I can, and will, make it do everything well with a Mono skid equipped with an Ohlins PDS Shock.

I have Brian's Ohlins with PDS in the Mono shock in my Nytro. IMO the
Nytro really really likes the Mono shock rear suspension install.

front end set up

So are we able to get this front end anywhere? I'm looking to replace the stock front end on my 2011in the near future.

I thought someone on here bought a race sled and was going to try to fab the race front end for resale......... :jump:

I hope they do because it sounds like it's the best one out there that corrects the spindles, A-arms and shock angle.

Thanks, Chris. Looks awesome.

I'll be riding and testing this front end for the remainder of the season. When the snow is no longer rideable, I'll pull the front end and have a look at developing it into an actual product.

Perfect! I'll hold off on getting a front end then because I really like the sounds of this one. Thanks for the response and best to you in reproducing the front end.

Dual rate Ohlins w/ PDS and titanium springs, check. Monoshock II RA 128" Suspension with a full manually adjustable Ohlins equipped w/ PDS, check. Time for some testing.

Attachments

• nytro128monoohlins.jpg
    nytro128monoohlins.jpg
    224.5 KB · Views: 234
  • nytro128monoohlins2.jpg
    nytro128monoohlins2.jpg
    276.5 KB · Views: 249

Back