• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

nytro skid or float plate

rgrinker

I am looking into a skid or float plate for my 2009 fx nytro rtx. The main thing i want to do is protect the underneath and heat exchanger. I ride mostly trails but do go off on occasion. I hear about ice buildup with the float plate, please give me some product recomendations.

oem skid plate with different fastening system..do a search theres a post going now

I had a really hard time with getting the stocker solid no mater what I did. But I hit a lot of stuff.

The Roast is solid thats for sure.

I mean it depends some of you guys are animals and you know who you are...others dont even break trail often like me.....sure Ive been accused of being an animal on trail ...ive had pine stains on my sleevs..hit a tree etc.....but havent lost a skid plate...if I was doing a lot of powder busting where I didnt know the terrain...for sure roest..

Thank you for the input, just got off the phone with Peter from Roest Racing, he answered all my ?????. my order is in :Rockon:

Thanks for the feedback guys. You can run the longer oil filter as well. It's 2.75" long as opposed to the OEM 2" filter. That's about 50% larger. There is still almost 1/2" clearance running the longer filter.

Back