• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Nytro Supercharger Build 2016

I just bought a used mpi kit and finished getting it installed. It is a non intercooled with 27t top and 28t bottom sprockets, gems controller and upgraded fuel pump. I haven't ridden it yet because I'm not sure what fuel I should run.
I'm low elevation in maine. So close to sea level to maybe 5k feet max.

Any help on where I should start with fuel( pump gas, 100ll or even c12) would be great.
Thanks, mike
If I remember correctly, my Nytro was 26 bottom, 28 top which was 170 hp and pump gas safe. The 180 kit was 28/28. Therefore I would estimate yours to be 185-190hp, and probably you should add about one gallon of race gas per tank of fuel. In addition, I found the best power was just below the rev limiter at 9200 rpm.
If you reversed your pulleys so that the bottom was 27 and top 28 you should be Ok on good 93-94 octane fuel and would have a solid 175hp. That is what I wanted to do, but I couldn't find a 27 pulley. I have since moved to a Winder.

I just bought a used mpi kit and finished getting it installed. It is a non intercooled with 27t top and 28t bottom sprockets, gems controller and upgraded fuel pump. I haven't ridden it yet because I'm not sure what fuel I should run.
I'm low elevation in maine. So close to sea level to maybe 5k feet max.

Any help on where I should start with fuel( pump gas, 100ll or even c12) would be great.
Thanks, mike

What boost level are you running?

From the bery end of last season when I took it through one field I thought I was getting 10psi. But everything I'm reading says that's to high and I should be around 7-8psi.. I'll be able to take it out tomorrow and find out for sure

From the bery end of last season when I took it through one field I thought I was getting 10psi. But everything I'm reading says that's to high and I should be around 7-8psi.. I'll be able to take it out tomorrow and find out for sure
Unless the CR has been reduced, 7-8 is too high for sea level on pump gas.

Ok I'll find out for sure tomorrow... what would I need for fuel to run 7-8 psi? I'm pretty sure it's a stock motor, I dont see a head ship and it looks like stock injectors

Last edited:
Ok I'll find out for sure tomorrow... what would I need for fuel to run 7-8 psi? I'm pretty sure it's a stock motor, I dont see a head ship and it looks like stock injectors
Best to check with MPI, or someone else more familiar with boosted Nytros, but I would think if you put a gallon of 110 race fuel in every tank of fuel, you would be OK. If you have a subscription to Dynotech research you could email Jim and get his opinion. The 28/28 made about 6lbs at 9000 RPM's I believe.

• Full Nytro 180 Supercharger installation instructions:
MSN-0900 Nytro 180HP Supercharger Instructions (Update 8-8-11)

• Proper pulley installation instruction bulletin:
TSB-502B Supercharger Sprockets

I have finally started my Supercharger build on my 2009 Nytro XTX.
View attachment 120131
View attachment 120132
View attachment 120133

I opened the box for the low elevation kit and started tearing the sled down.

View attachment 120130

View attachment 120129

View attachment 120128

The kit comes with ice scratchers and an extra tunnel cooler.
View attachment 120127

Also in the kit comes gearing and clutching if you sled is not geared for the Supercharger.
View attachment 120134
View attachment 120135

I am looking at purchasing one of these left over kits, concerned about reliability and handling with the extra weight added. Give me a call, I would like to discuss this please.
507-828-2683
Justin

I am looking at purchasing one of these left over kits, concerned about reliability and handling with the extra weight added. Give me a call, I would like to discuss this please.
507-828-2683
Justin

Sorry, I am super swamped this week with Giveaway Ride, I can try and call next week. I ran the sled a season, sold it to a buddy and hes still driving it. I thought it was really reliable low elevation low boost kit and the MPG was pretty good.

Sorry, I am super swamped this week with Giveaway Ride, I can try and call next week. I ran the sled a season, sold it to a buddy and hes still driving it. I thought it was really reliable low elevation low boost kit and the MPG was pretty good.

Installed, ran into an issue, the belt will not fit over the pulleys without installing it first, too short? That was not in the instructions....tried lifting the motor in the mounts with a pry bar but that didn’t work. Delayed until tonight to reheat the sprocket and put it in the belt first...

Installed, ran into an issue, the belt will not fit over the pulleys without installing it first, too short? That was not in the instructions....tried lifting the motor in the mounts with a pry bar but that didn’t work. Delayed until tonight to reheat the sprocket and put it in the belt first...

Yes I had that happen before.. You have to put one pulley on with the belt.. the entire pulley design is stupid.

Did you find that it requires rechecking set screw torque every 200 miles as instructed.? Once the loctite is in how in the world would you know if it’s torqued right???

Did you find that it requires rechecking set screw torque every 200 miles as instructed.? Once the loctite is in how in the world would you know if it’s torqued right???

I checked the pulley after the first 200 miles and then never went back again.

I see you posted your settings on the gems...did thise change much from ulmers recommendation after running it? I don’t plan to have the ecu reprogrammed, plan to run 91 premium. Have the koso x2 guage.

I see you posted your settings on the gems...did thise change much from ulmers recommendation after running it? I don’t plan to have the ecu reprogrammed, plan to run 91 premium. Have the koso x2 guage.

I ran those numbers up until I sold it. It worked great so I never tweaked them.

Is whining normal upon initial startup? Seemed to improve after running a few minutes.