• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Nytro vs XP

Over at the Doo camp everyone is writing off the Nytro,But I was thinking about it like this. I am about 180lbs suited up,Any man who owns an XP is more then likely going to weigh more then me. So say 230 suited,Now lets say the Nytro comes in at 490 dry and the XP 450 dry. I am not going to do wet weights because I dont know what the XP is wet. So now for the math, Me and my sled would be about 670 and the XP and the rider 680,there for I am lighter. We all know how the Apex can keep up with the Mach until 100 so I am sure if i come across an XP next winter I will run right with him in the trails and in the lakes. Also if I come cross one and I have 2 gallons in my take and he just filled up,these sleds are so close in weight little stuff like that will make one lighter or heavyer. :ORC :jump: :4STroke:

So what hapens when the girl weighs a buck thirty five, she only has 3 lbs of gas to your full tank. You are er'ing on the side of caution for the doo's weight yet givin the Yam probably more credit on it's weight than it deserves and you may get your azz handed to ya by a girl! :)

2002 viper said:
Over at the Doo camp everyone is writing off the Nytro,But I was thinking about it like this. I am about 180lbs suited up,Any man who owns an XP is more then likely going to weigh more then me. So say 230 suited,Now lets say the Nytro comes in at 490 dry and the XP 450 dry. I am not going to do wet weights because I dont know what the XP is wet. So now for the math, Me and my sled would be about 670 and the XP and the rider 680,there for I am lighter. We all know how the Apex can keep up with the Mach until 100 so I am sure if i come across an XP next winter I will run right with him in the trails and in the lakes. Also if I come cross one and I have 2 gallons in my take and he just filled up,these sleds are so close in weight little stuff like that will make one lighter or heavyer. :ORC :jump: :4STroke:

My current Rev is around 479 lbs dry and 140 HP. I really don't notice a huge difference once it's loaded with ice or full of fuel it's still fun as hell to ride. So to me the weight wouldn't be a factor if I were deciding which sled to buy.

I think both sleds have a lot to offer. The doo is going to have a great power/weight ratio but there have been problems with the new 800R engine. The 600 on the other hand I think they've got the bugs worked out of.

But Ski-doo can't match the reliability or the fit and finish that Yamaha has achieved....and the fact that Yamaha has been offering 3 years warranty plus $800 or so Yamaha bucks!!! With my 07 doo I got 1 year warranty and $0 for gear. They never even came thru with the cover they said they'd give me. :o|

If I were in the market for a new sled I'd be buying a Nytro!! ;)!

FX vs XP

I have spoken to several dealers that carry both Yamaha and Ski-Doo that have had the chance to ride both the FX Nytro and the XP. They have all commented that the FX Nytro pulls harder than even 800XP does. They have also commented that the Ski-Doo XP has a nose heavy feel and that the FX Nytro actually feels lighter. There were also concerns over the Ski-Doo XP's durability, like the paper thin and holey running boards.

2002 viper said:
But the Apex runs with the Mach until 100 and it has 20 less hp too.

Actually I saw even better this winter . Our new ATTAK in our UP group was eating up stock Mach's for lunch from 0 to whatever on the lake.

Here is what people seem to forget about these 4 strokes. Remember the article on the RS Vector? Yes it fits into the 120HP class but comparing it to the 2 stroke models there is a big difference how they make their power. The 2 stroke 600's hold their peak HP in about a 200rpm window, while the Vector holds it peak power in a 1300 rpm window. Now that's a wide powerband. :4STroke:

Don't worry, the 800R will blow before your first oil change. Not many 800R's left running around the mountains out here.

The real bargain next year is going to be the TNT. The 500ss is relatively bulletproof and the 105 hp or so that it boasts really moves the sled, especially considering the price which is cheaper than I figured.

TurboVector said:
Don't worry, the 800R will blow before your first oil change. Not many 800R's left running around the mountains out here.

I was just browsing the dootalk forum. Did anyone see this post?

http://www.dootalk.com/forums/index.php ... pic=144095

OMG, is this for real? If so that had to be a complete disaster for Ski-Doo.

journeyman said:
TurboVector said:

I was just browsing the dootalk forum. Did anyone see this post?

http://www.dootalk.com/forums/index.php ... pic=144095

OMG, is this for real? If so that had to be a complete disaster for Ski-Doo.

I saw that this afternoon and read the whole post. All i have to say is i feel bad for the ski doo rep. There has to be no greater embarassment than having your brand new sled blow up on the first demo ride.

From what i read that 800R motor has been plaged with quite a few problems all year in the Summit's. This info cuz from from ppl i know that ride ski doo. I personally haven't done much research on the motor. I'm not sure what changes they made in 08 to try to correct some of the problems though.

I finally got a friend of mine to admit after countless arguments thats the 800's run lean in the midrange to meet epa requirements which is part of the reason why some people blow them up. Then there are other reason's like carb boots and blah blah.

Like others in this post have said though they sacraficed reliability and went for a so so motor and decided to focus money on weigh savings and chasis development.

As an owner of an 02 SRX with the DCS system, someone explain to me why these new 800R engines equiped with a detonation control system and every other known engine sensor out there would be seeign engine seizure failures to lean conditions?

I would consider a two-stroke over a four stroke if their DCS system was effective.

Back