• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Nytro vs XP

if they are carb then the jets could be off? They might be running leaner jets to get more power out of them but in the same time causeing a lean conditon and melting the rings/piston. You know what they say lean is mean rich is a bitch

I have now ridden both the FX Nytro and the XP800. The XP feels light when lifting it but it rides with a very heavy feel, especialy in the front end. The sled also darts around and is somewhat tippy feeling. I also question the sleds durability, the running boards are really flexable? As far as power, I think the FX Nytro feels stronger. The 800's reputation for reliability is also very questionable?

I just got back in from taking the new 800xp for a rip. I think it's a fun sled but I'm not so sure how long it will hold up. I have an 04 warrior with 11000km's on it and I haven't been as nice as I probably should be to it but it has never made me walk home and doesn't have NEAR the vibration in it that the 800xp did. That said the 800xp had lots of power and felt very light, but I can only compare that to my sled. I liked how you could lean back on the sled and pick the skis up for a very LONG distance. But if you wanted to keep the front end down then just don't lean back and you were fine, it was very fun. The wind protection was non-existent and it felt like the wind was directed so that it wanted to take my helmet off at high speed. Now i know this is a pre-production sled but the fit and finish didn't really do anything for me and my hands tingled a little after riding it due to the handlebar vibration.

Neat sled but I'm pretty sure that yamaha will be getting my money again come time for a new sled.

My best guess for the meltdown... they are running things leaner and leaner to meet emissions. If something does go wrong with one of those sensors, the room for error is gone, little to no safety zone... melty melty.

Back