• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

O2 Sensor Bypas Resistor Values

Jon Boron

Country
USA
Snowmobile
2016 SR Viper XTX SE
I'm installing a PCV and AutoTune in a 2016 XTX. Currently has the 16 flash so still uses the O2 sensor. The PCV I have does not come with an "Optimizer" resistor an I'm using the stock O2 location in the exhaust for the AurTune Wideband O2 sensor. I was not planning to get the latest flash. My question is, what resistor values are needed to eliminate the error code?

Don't worry about it. The stock O2 sensor can not adjust the computer hardly at all anyway. Install the PCV and run it and you'll be fine. The stock O2 sensor is a narrow band and only takes a reading at idle.

I get that, but would like to avoid the engine code as the stock O2 narrow band is eliminated (not plugged in). I have a yamaha O2 elimator kicking around from a motorcycle, same plug, 330 and 470 ohm resistance. Will this do the trick?

What I'm saying is just leave the stock sensor hooked up, it won't make a difference, it can only make a small change at idle which the power commander can over come.

The resistor for a Viper measures 324 ohms.

And if you run the latest flash the code is eliminated. No need for cheating it.
I may get the latest flash in the off season, unfortunately its a couple hours drive to the nearest dealer in Maine. Trying to get up and running in the meantime, appreciate the help from both of you guys. Now time to do a snow dance....

Back