• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

O2 sensor part# for closed loop

Country
USA
Snowmobile
Sidewinder STX-DX 2017
Apex XTX 2012
All I have what I believe is a O2 sensor failure that is used with the TD closed loop set-up. This is will be my second failure. At idle AFR dash reading is 14.9 then jumps around 20, 30, 40, ….. Looking for Robust or equivalent replacement part# and if handy recommend place to purchase.
Thanks!

If this is going to be your 3rd sensor you need to investigate the reason for sensor failures.
Where is the sensor mounted on the exhaust system ?
Fuel type?
Are you using anything containing MMT?
Amazon has the best price for the Bosch 17025 wideband O2

If this is going to be your 3rd sensor you need to investigate the reason for sensor failures.
Where is the sensor mounted on the exhaust system ?
Fuel type?
Are you using anything containing MMT?
Amazon has the best price for the Bosch 17025 wideband O2
Hi and thank! My riding partner has the same set-up and mounting location with no issues. I am 95% certain that they are mounted in the same spot but will verify and we use the same fuel. I doubt MMT we use pump gas typically 90-94 octane. From some research MMT is banned in the US and sense replacement I have only been in US ridding. I not use additives in my fuel. Maybe bad luck ? Thanks again for you help. If you or anyone else has suggestions please post. This forum is very helpful.

How is closed loop working out for you guys? Was the juice worth the squeeze ?

A little tip for those with O2 sensors.. If you just turn the key on to check logs or change tunes etc... unplug your O2 sensor. I went through my first sensor before my sled even hit the snow. TD told me to unplug it if not bringing sled up to temp.

How is closed loop working out for you guys? Was the juice worth the squeeze ?
For me not worth the squeeze. I started with the 240 SS then upgraded to the cluster flash with closed loop. I run 240 mostly for trail riding so its a fair comparison. I get maybe a 1/2 mile per gallon better with closed loop verses the stand alone 240 flash. Same trails same fuel stops and its been a couple years with closed loop (3rd season now). My buddy wants to get a flash and I recommended to do just the 240 SS, best bang for the buck.

Took a bit of pushing but hurricane replaced both ecu master modules on warranty, turns out there is/was some faulty modules in the system. I logged almost 1000 miles on my XTX with these faulty reading , some of them with sensor unplugged. Now to dial in the clutching. Been kinda chasing my tail with a sled that wasn’t running properly. Not impressed that it took over a year to admit there was issues. Going to be awhile before I get the sour taste out of my mouth from hurricane. Love the tunes I have in my 17 ltx and 18 MTX
At least it’s corrected now I guess

I have had the O2 module since 2019 and the closed loop since it was first offered and I am very pleased with it.
I data log on a fairly regular basis and it shows up to 125% fuel correction in the colder weather on the bigger tunes. 100% would be no correction to the fuel supplied and 125% meaning the closed loop is adding 25% more fuel then the sled would get without it!
When cruising on the 240 tune the data indicates the closed loop is removing fuel from what would normally be supplied so in my mind it provides the best of both worlds...more fuel when required to keep safe AFRs under big power demand and less fuel when required for optimum AFR for economy.
Works for me...

I have had the O2 module since 2019 and the closed loop since it was first offered and I am very pleased with it.
I data log on a fairly regular basis and it shows up to 125% fuel correction in the colder weather on the bigger tunes. 100% would be no correction to the fuel supplied and 125% meaning the closed loop is adding 25% more fuel then the sled would get without it!
When cruising on the 240 tune the data indicates the closed loop is removing fuel from what would normally be supplied so in my mind it provides the best of both worlds...more fuel when required to keep safe AFRs under big power demand and less fuel when required for optimum AFR for economy.
Works for me...
That’s why I spent the money on all my tunes. It’s just frustrating when a vender supplies faulty parts and it takes a year to resolve. Under his instruction new 02 , multiple reflashes Had to really push to resolve
Fortunately I have a really good dealer representing hurricane

Love the closed loop when it works

Save your money for gas imo
Nothing but headaches for me and when working correctly no noticeable difference seat of the pant. Wish I never went that route. Thinking about plugging the bing revert back to none closed loop tune. ordered up another sensor going to give it one last go. Took me a couple hours to figure my issue no codes when the readings were freaking out. Save your $ and headaches.

I am curious which AFR modules are giving the problems? AEM or ECU Master?
I have the AEM AFR module and so far so good on my sled for many seasons now. The only issue I have is the SD 24 code every time I start the sled that goes away after 30 sec or so.
Also if there is a decrease in fuel used at the end of the day when refueling its minimal on my sled...but it does run great.

Last edited:
I have the AEM AFR module and so far so good on my sled for many seasons now. The only issue I have is the SD 25 code every time I start the sled that goes away after 30 sec or so.
Also if there is a decrease in fuel used at the end of the day when refueling its minimal on my sled...but it does run great.
I think it’s SD-24 not 5 my module says Lamda to CAN on it I use it with Dash flash. I hope this helps

I have the AEM AFR module and so far so good on my sled for many seasons now. The only issue I have is the SD 24 code every time I start the sled that goes away after 30 sec or so.
The issue I had was ECU Master. One just quite the other made strange the whole time it was in use. Sometime seemed right other than taking five minutes of driving it at 6000 rpm to come of of 14.8
If you bought an ecu master last ,January , making strange I’d say change the module, it should be a warranty item

It took the fun out of quite a few rides as your staring at the gauge questioning if it’s working or not

I never did get an answer to the question if it read 14.8 in a false reading for extended periods of time , is it compensating by adding more fuel?

For what it’s worth right now if I was tuning another sled I would have a hard time to spend the extra money. That might change but I doubt it

Back