• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

OEM Yamaha or haulk hyfax saver wheel Kit?

hereismylife

VIP Member
OEM Yamaha or haulk hyfax saver wheel kit. Trying to decide on these set ups. Haulk is one piece and Yamaha are square. Anyone have any input on this?

OEM Yamaha or haulk hyfax saver wheel kit. Trying to decide on these set ups. Haulk is one piece and Yamaha are square. Anyone have any input on this?
I prefer the yamaha oem i like the way they mount better,i beleive as long as you loctite the mounting bolts & check the bearings every year they work great,Alot of people complain about them (coming loose or bearings)but it’s essentially the same small diameter wheels that were used on the upper rear suspension of the rx1& mine had about 6500 miles on them with the original bearings & never bothered before i lengthened & upgraded to a 2013 skid,granted they are mounted up higher but otherwise are still turning fast all the time.I like the way the mounting blocks of the oem mount to the rails it seems stronger & more precise just make sure you get the correct kit for the correct model& skid length

I prefer the yamaha oem i like the way they mount better,i beleive as long as you loctite the mounting bolts & check the bearings every year they work great,Alot of people complain about them (coming loose or bearings)but it’s essentially the same small diameter wheels that were used on the upper rear suspension of the rx1& mine had about 6500 miles on them with the original bearings & never bothered before i lengthened & upgraded to a 2013 skid,granted they are mounted up higher but otherwise are still turning fast all the time.I like the way the mounting blocks of the oem mount to the rails it seems stronger & more precise just make sure you get the correct kit for the correct model& skid length
Thank you for the input. I need to put them at the very front. I don't think the Yamaha blocks will go around the bends at the front.

44776C68-50E0-496B-B95E-88B2E166D6DE.jpg
They show them in the Yamaha description i can find the instructions but should be no problem mounting there

Back