• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

OFT Racing - Billet / Oilite Steering bushings

MotoPsycho

Lifetime Member
OFT Racing is offering a new Billet / Oilite steering bushing setup.

We designed these steering blocks to replace the weak and wear weary OEM plastic bushings. They are made of 6061 T6 billet, and feature an oil impregnated "super oilite" bushing that requires NO LUBRICATION... ever.

These parts will fit the Nytro ('08-2010, 2 req'd), Apex ('06-2010, 3 req'd), and Phazer ('07-2010, 1 req'd) - as well as a few of the older models

Prices are as follows:

$40.95 US ea. + shipping

Please PM MotoPsycho or SCMURS if you are interested...
or email Moto@OFTRacing.com or Scott@OFTRacing.com

and keep watching for our up and coming website at http://www.oftracing.com for "Over the Top Parts"

We are also offering full length hyfax rail extensions to stretch your nytro from 153" to 162", 7 & 8" billet wheels, offset axles to accomodate 8" wheels, nytro mtx steering relocation kits, and many more products! Stay tuned!!

Here are some pics:

DSC00239.jpg

steering%20blocks.JPG

Holy smokes! I'd like to see the chicken that layed all those bushings!! Nice product.

towerrigger said:
Holy smokes! I'd like to see the chicken that layed all those bushings!! Nice product.

Wouldn't ya know, I bought a chicken that was a'sposta lay golden eggs...

all he does is lay SWEET SLED PARTS... well, I figured I might as well share!

got motion sick, jus tlooking at the pic all sideways and stuff!!! :)

great lookin stuff!!!

What have you done to cure the vibration that is caused by a solid mount. I made mine over with rollerbearings, very tight and very smooth but when doing this, alot of chassis vibration is transfered to the bars.

Is there anything to dampen the vibration?

BETHEVIPER said:
What have you done to cure the vibration that is caused by a solid mount. I made mine over with rollerbearings, very tight and very smooth but when doing this, alot of chassis vibration is transfered to the bars.

Great question! Can't wait for a response. Might be interested if it doesn't transfer to much, and make your arms worn on a long trail day

BETHEVIPER said:
What have you done to cure the vibration that is caused by a solid mount. I made mine over with rollerbearings, very tight and very smooth but when doing this, alot of chassis vibration is transfered to the bars. So if vibration hasn't been an issue to you with your stock equipment, you should notice no difference.

There is NO appreciable difference in chassis vibration transfer with these bushings over OEM. The durometer of the OEM plastic bushing is such that it has very little dampening quality in and of itself anyway.
In the actual testing phase of this part (I know, I know, who tests stuff before they advertise or sell it?), there was no ill-effects on ridability or "feel" reported by our test riders. (and a couple of them are extremely hard to please!)

Betheviper, I am intrigued by your experiment. How did design your blocks? I can't wrap my head around how you got a roller bearing on the steering shaft... do you have any pics?

Quadscrib, I will look into that for you...

search in work log, my big pile of crap.

I made a new shaft from a jack shaft, that way I could slide it down through the bearings, the lower arm clamps on, the stop slides on and bolts, set screws keep it all together. It does take up extra space on both ends, it just touches the gas tank and moves the steering ahead and almost straight up and down, I like the steering this way but hate the vibration and i run an isobibe with it too.

nothing i made looks as nice as this piece for sure.

Will that fit the '08 Venture Lite? How many needed? Where does it go exactly (these machines are not exactly user friendly to get at stuff)? How would you know if the stock one needs replacement? Nice to see someone making good quality parts for the frontends - should go well with the oilite A-arm bushings to tighten up the front. How about better balljoints - anybody making those?

Thanks

do you make these for the rx1 models also.these would work better for the front mount turbo guys instead of the plastic.

BombaPolaYama said:
Will that fit the '08 Venture Lite? How many needed? Where does it go exactly (these machines are not exactly user friendly to get at stuff)? How would you know if the stock one needs replacement? Nice to see someone making good quality parts for the frontends - should go well with the oilite A-arm bushings to tighten up the front. How about better balljoints - anybody making those?

Thanks

Yes, it is the uppermost bearing block on a Phazer or Venture Lite

BBNytro said:
Cool Product! will it work with the wild child steering relocation?

I'm not sure what configuration he uses on the top bearing block, but believe it will work on the top. It will not work on the bottom because of the new post angle. We do, however, make a complete steering post relocator for the Nytro that incorporates Oilite bearings as well. Will post up information on that soon.

rx1 fern said:
do you make these for the rx1 models also.these would work better for the front mount turbo guys instead of the plastic.

Yes, the RX1 has three of these same bearing blocks.

Thanks,
Scott

Back