• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Oil blow by fix

rightarm

TY 4 Stroke Master
Do what the bike drag racer's do,they run a line from the top of the cam cover where there breather line begin's and they run that line straight back to the clutch cover no more wasted oil what ever oil get's blown out the top get's returned back into the bottom end.So run a braided line from the breather extension from the motor to the dry sump container,you will need to weld a threaded collar on the tank so you can thread the braided line into that collar and wha-la no more lost oil what come's out go's back in.

The amount of oil these things are using is not coming out of the breather.
The plugs also show no signs of oil buildup. Mine was using approx 1 Qt
every 175-200 mi. Used 5 Qt's in 1000 mi. There was certainly not that
much oil in the engine compartment.

Ride Blue said:
The amount of oil these things are using is not coming out of the breather.
The plugs also show no signs of oil buildup. Mine was using approx 1 Qt
every 175-200 mi. Used 5 Qt's in 1000 mi. There was certainly not that
much oil in the engine compartment.

Ride blue just becuase your sled used oil badly doesnt mean everyones does... I have 965 miles on my warrior and NO OIL USAGE!! had 420 on my old one and it burned very llittle oil!

Thats like saying your F7 will blow up for sure just because they have in the past!!

Like all problems they only happen to a FEW!!

I did not start using oil until approx 2000 mi. I am not saying that
everyone is, I am only saying that the oil that is being used is not
all coming out of the breather.

Mine didn't use any oil the first 1000 either. So don't think that you are all set just because you haven't used any yet. Time will tell.

5000 miles in 1 1/2 seasons (Exactly 22 days of riding) . I rode 1/2 - 3/4 throttle all day long for average of 200-250 miles / day. Never used more or less than 1qt. / 1000 miles. Only changed filter twice.

Broke in by the book for first 100 miles and rode like I normally ride for the rest.

Yamaha needs to put a Chrank case Evacuation system on these sleds from the factory. I think if people weere to check there Compression on the sleds that are buring oil they waould find it's low. I Know for a fact this sled has a pressure problem in the crank case. It's not vented enough!!!! When you build this kind of pressure it wants to blow oil by the pistons and that's bad!!! The more you do this the worse it will get!!!!

check this out

http://www.jegs.com/cgi-bin/ncommerce3/ ... rmenbr=361

JTSSRX
FREDDIE AND I WILL FIND OUT TOMORROW IF THE CRANK EVAC SYSTEM IVE MADE AND INSTALLED ACTUALLY WORKS AND PROVIDES BETTER POWER
WILL POST REULTS WHEN I KNOW

rightarm said:
Do what the bike drag racer's do,they run a line from the top of the cam cover where there breather line begin's and they run that line straight back to the clutch cover no more wasted oil what ever oil get's blown out the top get's returned back into the bottom end.So run a braided line from the breather extension from the motor to the dry sump container,you will need to weld a threaded collar on the tank so you can thread the braided line into that collar and wha-la no more lost oil what come's out go's back in.
2003 RX-1 never used oil until 3400KM then 1 litre per 800KM put 8200km on that sled. Bright side never had to change the oil after 3400km
2004 warrior started to use oil at 3300 km and now only use 2 litres to get to 5500km not bad. Now i did drive the 2003 RX-1 hard for break in and i broke in the 2004 warrior by the book! So not much difference in oil usage.

Back