• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

oil change time

swmpr1

Extreme
What milage is everyone doing their first and second oil changes at? I have 200 miles on my viper and want to change it before this season, but is that too early? if I do the first service early do I do the second early as well? dealer says 500 on first, not sure on this. I did 500 on my nytro then 1500 for its second, no problems..

I think that first oil change is about 500km and second 2500km/season.

yeah, that's true.. I think I will do it now then in the spring..

I do the oil change and service in the spring as well.

Store them dry and out of sun/weather and your good to go!

I did mine at 450 miles then blew the motor at 850 so new oil again and then after break in of the new motor at 1300 miles and then just did it again for this season with 1560 on the clock.

A stroke would have been cheaper on oil:dunno: just saying.

I did mine at 450 miles then blew the motor at 850 so new oil again and then after break in of the new motor at 1300 miles and then just did it again for this season with 1560 on the clock.

A stroke would have been cheaper on oil:dunno: just saying.

I blew up an Apex, some of us are just hard on stuff..............:jump:

What milage is everyone doing their first and second oil changes at? I have 200 miles on my viper and want to change it before this season, but is that too early? if I do the first service early do I do the second early as well? dealer says 500 on first, not sure on this. (I did 500 on my nytro then 1500 for its second, no problems.).

If it worked then Why Not again, same motor.

Back