• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Oil Change

Silver

Expert
How many miles is everybody going bettween oil changes.Are you changing filter every time or just the oil.I have 1500 miles on since first oil change.

I did mine after 500 miles last year and again before this season started (1805 miles on the odometer)

I plan on changing it again this fall (2800 miles on the odometer right now)

I'm with Silverbullet - I'll change the filter every time I put new oil in.

Depending on how many miles/kms you do in a year,if you do no more than the 1800 miles a year you will only change it once,other than that change the filter and oil alway's.

My first oil change was at 400 miles then I've changed it after every 1200 - 1500 miles (after every long trip). Have 4200 miles now and have changed it 4 times. I a bit of a fanatic about maintaining my equipment.

I did the first change at 550 miles. I typically ride about 1000 per year so I'm planning on changing it every spring when I get it ready for summer storage. I've always stored cars, cycles, tractors, etc. with fresh oil rather than leave the dirty stuff sitting in it for extended periods. I know that the dirt in the oil is the product of heat and cumbustion and believe it can become acidic over time (words of wisdom from an old mechanic friend).

RX-Fun

Back