• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Oil change

ottercreeks

Extreme
I am looking to do a oil change, can someone give step by step instructions for the process or is there info out there about the process

Thanks

ottercreeks said:
I am looking to do a oil change, can someone give step by step instructions for the process or is there info out there about the process

Thanks

it's all explain in your owner's manual. take the time to read, it is very simple.

Watch the o-ring on the old filter: it usually sticks to the block, and you don't want that on there when installing the new filter.
It's a straight forward oil change, and as guyzoun posted, the procedure is in the owner's manual.
Best of luck.

My Vec and Rage should be the same:

Warm sled

Take off oil tank side panel

Use oil tank drain plug

Remove the small access panel under center of sled

Remove filter (probably best to buy a metal [plastic ones haven't served me well in the past] cap wrench [that fits your new filter] and ratchet).

Make sure the old O-ring is off the block

Find oil plug near the filter area (has a little triangle next to it...I want to say it is also a hex head), drain and replace. I used blue loc-tite wherever I saw it was done prior.

Install filter and the same quantity of oil removed.

Run her for a minute, shut her down and check oil level (done by NOT screwing in the cap...only setting it in the tank, lifting it and read) or leaks.

Might as well remove the belt (and the spare), battery and jack her up for two seasons as well.

I only did it once, but the next one should be a piece of cake.

Back