• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Oil Change

Ulmer had some good instructions about getting to the filter when they sold the relocation filter package. There are other discussions about it here.

David :yam:

I am serching. But with 12 707 results for oil change #$%&*
Doing this in a few hours. Im sure ill find it, but pics would help.
Its my understanding that you need to pull the air box, battery box and skid off. Any special tools?

Well thats it for me. got to as far as getting ready to pull the airbox out and im done. i dont even know where to drain the oil. my dealership stole my manual on me so that i have to go back to them for work. looks like it worked, however im going to use a different dealership. im gonna try redline in GP.

down doad the apex manual from this website, it really is not that bad, oil drains from the tank and the bottom under the access panel.
Pull the lid off airbox, undo front rubber strap, loosen 4 small allen head clamps that hold it to the throttle bores. Unhook lines and remove airbox

Pull battery and battery tray.

you should see the filter now, and you can R&R it.

manual download,should still work

http://www.filesend.net/download.php?f= ... 03aa72011a

Pull your headlight (10 mm bolt on each side) so you dont break the tabs on the top of the airbox. Tools needed for the oil change 5mm allen (body panel) 10mm, 12mm for the oil tank drain, 6mm for the oil pan drain, and a oil drain pan. I do not pull the battery or tray, instad, take out hte bolts that hold the tray in and stick my hand in from the clutch side to gain access to the filter. A filter wrench will help a lot especially on the 1st filter

Got it done today. Said screw it and divoted the whole day to it. took me 2 hours. lol Once you get going its not too bad. Just need to pretend its someone elses sled.

Back