• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

oil changing problems?

Metallicat said:
MadMax said:
The cap really needs to be loose...... If you do it right the sled takes 3 liters on the nose................ Dump two in the tank.. Start it and then add the last one.. MM.

My manual says it will take 2.5L with filter replacement, 2.3 without, and the total amount is 3.2 liters. I assume not all of the oil drains?

Your correct, not all of the oil drains out, some stays in the engine and some in the oil tank.

When I changed my oil, I used a floor jack and carefully raised the front of the sled up as my oil and tank was almost done draining(just drips) and I got out a lot more dirty oil.

When adding the new oil, I added to the tank only(top valve cover hole is for venting purposes only I read?) and added 3.2 lts of oil.

I will continue to do it this way as I see no point in leaving dirty oil in there when I am doing a new/fresh oil change.
I use the same theory with my oil filter, why leave it on and full of dirty oil when doing a fresh oil change?

Back