• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Oil Level Increasing After Running

RedRobin473

Hello All. My '08 Apex has been sitting all summer, I topped off the oil today and went to run the sled and then recheck my level.....I was 1/4 to 1/2 up the dipstick when I started the sled and when I went to check again the oil tank was full to the top. I thought all the extra oil was in the tank so I am not clear how this would happen. Anyone heard of this before, a clogged line perhaps? Clogged pickup screen, I have not cleaned this.

I appreciate any insight you all have. Thanks!

Some of the oil in the tank leaked past the check valve down into the engine over the summer. Always start it up after the sled has sat for a long period of time and then check the oil level. 2 of the 3 Apex I pre seasoned this year had most of the oil in the pan. The tank was almost dry.

x2. i always check the oil on my sleds after i come back from a ride as my brothers rs venture gt was infamous for this and got over filled a few times.

Back