• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Oil pan drain bolt

ecopter

TY 4 Stroke Guru
For the mechanical experts out there, please list all the methods to extract that damn bolt put on by the he-men to our far west.

Thanks,
Jon

I used a std allen key wrench, not a T-style and slid a length (12" or 14") of conduit pipe over the end on my Vector. Steady pressure and brroke free. Not sure where it is located on the Phazer :dunno:

On my FX I used a snapon hex socket w/ a socket wrench. Mine came out with a quick tug. Just be careful re-installing not to strip out the threads.

miked said:
On my FX I used a snapon hex socket w/ a socket wrench. Mine came out with a quick tug. Just be careful re-installing not to strip out the threads.

Hex socket is the way to go. Not a problem since I invested in one.

Thanks guys. I tried something similar with a T-handle allen wrench and vise grips. I actually stripped the teeth off of the vise grips. I picked up a socket 6mm and I'll try that.

Jon

Socket application worked great. Other than that headache, the whole change really wasn't that bad. Taking everything off allows one to do a complete summerization with ease. One of the most difficult things was getting the drive belt off. That backwards secondary rotation was a bear.

Cheers,
Jon

Back