• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

oil pressure gage !

Lou's rage

Hello to you guys ! Question ! Can anybody tell me if there is a hole (plug) in the 3 cylinder RS where I could insert my sender unit for my oil pressure gage ? But isn't there a low oil pressure warning idiot light already on those motors ? I beleive there is ???? So then where would it be located ? Thanks ahead ! Lou's rage ! ;)!

Hi again ! Ok , not to many replies hey ! Another question than , does Yamaha sell an adapter between the oil filter and the motor where a sender unit could be screwed in ??? Need my gages !!!! :-o

You might want to try the "Oil Gallery" bolt.
It is to inspect if the motor have oil pressure/flow after a change.

Oil pressure spec when hot is: 45 kPa (0.45 kg/cm2, 6.40 psi) at 1,400 r/min

Hope this help

:Rockon: Hi aVenture ! I will try to locate that bolt , I believe it is in the front of the engine slightly under the head ? I would of thought the oil pressure would be approx. ? 30-40 lbs !!! 6 lbs is not a whole lot for pressure ! But hey , if that's what it calls for , let it be ! ;)! Thank you so et a la prochaine , on se reparle ! Louis

Back