• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

OK, I have a mystery.

MadMax

TY 4 Stroke Master
Started my Vector today.........Started right up.. But the speedo/headlight/tail lights didn't come on. :o| Let it warm up for awhile.. 15 seconds later the speedo and dash light came on.. Then the tail light, then the headlight.. :ORC It has never done that before??????????????MM.

some of the rx1s also do this when started in very cold temps. i wouldent worry about it, as long as they come on in a short amt. of time.

Thanks...........I was having a bad day in general.. It started when I noticed the trailer plate was missing :o| Then the no electronics on the vector. :o| Then I drove down to our garage to put the trailer in storage,went to open the door and it was locked. #$%&* Drove back home got what I thought was the right keychain.."it has at least 20 keys on it" Tried everyone, couldn't find the right one. #$%&* :o| Drove back home called my wife at work, Oh she said........It's on the new keychain all by itself.. #$%&* Went back to the garage and "OPENED" the door and put the trailer in. ;)! Drove up to town and had a key made for my trucks set of keys.............MM :D

i have a viper and ride with a couple of guys that have vipers, on the real cold days our dash/headlight/taillight do not work for a few seconds till it warms up. its normal from what i've heard

They are voltage sensitive and hibernate if system voltage drops below a certain level. Once system charges back up they come to life. If it happens routinely it may be an indication that your battery is losing some life as it drains from initially rolling the sled over then takes a moment to build back up. Otherwise a good run will charge it up and it should be good. This will often happen if the sleds has sat for a period of time and the battery level drops.

I started my rage this last weekend and the lights didn't come on, only it took about 5 minutes for it to come on. i was a little bit worried about it failing if i started it after dark. I hope i don't have any more problems with my rage, i also have the t.o.r.s. problem.

What causes the delayed electrical is the headlight relay. In order to give these sleds full cranking power and the older two strokes full juice to fire the plugs on a cold start Yamaha installed a headlight relay that doesn't energize until the CDI sees a certain rpm after start-up. These relays are prone to sticking when temps drop well below zero. Usually they free up after a short period of run time and on come the lights and gauges. However if it was sticking for an extended period of time I think I would look at replacing it.

Thamks for the info, i will just assume for now that it had to do with the 20 below temps we had last weekend.

Back