• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Open face helmet/ pro-vue goggle system?

GT man

Veteran
Can anyone tell if the goggles with the prescription lens system works and how do the open face helmets work at keeping your face warm in extreme cold weather?

Best MX helmet out there is the FXR Adrenaline, used all last year with goggles, no draft no cold. BV2S helmet never left the shelf. 3 other guys that are heated visor riders tried it out and are buying for next season.

Jim

I just dont see why everyone want to wear an open face helmet!

I have never had a problem with my electric heated sheild on my cheapo Z1R helmet

I bet you go into every bar with goggle face! and wind or cold burns on you face just like every other guy ive seen coming into a bar after using those type helmets!!

Plus i bet you cannot use a communicator with those type helmets!

Read my post this is just as warm as a closed faced helmet, no wind burn no cold. The opening for the goggles seals perfectly with the new thick foamed goggles plus the built in air deflector keeps nose warm. Only complaint is over 100 wind has tendency to catch peak on helmet.

Believe me riding here can get really cold and no problems. I bought it for the neat looks, everbody claimed I would freeze, they tried it without any of those ridiculous aftermatket gizmos, loved it and are buying themselves. Hell it cost 1/3 the price of my BV2S and it is now for sale.

If you never wore one why would you comment plus have no use for a communicator, never did.

Jim

Communicators save lives.. almost everyone i ride with has one! Its a must have... you can also tell others in the group about deer or ruts in the trail ahead so they dont hit them un expectingly!

I spend my days on a cellphone, PDA and a pager thats enough communication for me plus there is almost a class action suit up here regarding the poor performance of the Sno-Fone. 26 bought in a group buy and all 26 being returned seems Collett is offering upgrade to better demo model.

Jim

I had the older model collet 900 deluxe and now have the SNOFONE..

THe snofone work just as good if not better than the old worn out model i had..

Pro Vue

I am extremely happy with my Pro Vue prescription goggles and MX style helmet. I have been wearing Pro Vue goggles for 6 years now simply because of glasses fogging. The Pro Vue system has completely eliminated my fogging problems. I have ridden in 40 below F temperatures without problems. I would highly recommend going with this system.

Any one that rides a sled should NOT be using an Open Face helmet. Not the greatest for safety.

I switched from a modular helmet to open-faced, and now will always wear an open-faced helmet. I use a no fog breath deflector and head band, which keep me warm even in the coldest temps. The only issue I had was with airflow into the vents of my Scott Turbo Flow goggles. But, a few pieces of insulating foam took care of the problem.

I have had mine for 11 years. On my 2nd pair. Never fogged , even at 30 below. While other guys shields are frosted over while ridding or stopping with shield up, I have never had a problem. The key to keeping warm is to have a the nose piece lined and have a good balaclava and a good seel around top edge of goggles. The snap in lense colors are nice when its bright are low light. VERY happy with mine. I have 1 set for sledding and 1 for wheelin.

jimmie d said:
Best MX helmet out there is the FXR Adrenaline, used all last year with goggles, no draft no cold. BV2S helmet never left the shelf. 3 other guys that are heated visor riders tried it out and are buying for next season.

Jim

Not intended as a threadjack....... but........ what brand/model of goggles are you using? I'm sort of interested in trying the FXR helmet out, but I can't ever seem to find goggles that seal well enough.

Back