• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

ouch!

Does this look familiar to anyone?

2013-03-17_13-48-00_897_zpse44db4d4.jpg

Reminded me of someone elses thread from here I read a little while ago....

Except mine turned out a little worse...

2013-03-17_13-48-11_574_zpsdb94f541.jpg

Hit a mogul, got some air, landed on the right ski and spindle snapped, I got thrown as the spindle dug in and sled tumbled down the trail.

I walked away though, so alls well that ends well.

Guess I'm probabably done in the phazer subforum... haveta start posting in the viper section :)

That must have been the quite the mogul!

Glad you were able to walk away. If I saw that on the trail I would have assumed an ambulance was needed.

That's what everyone who came apon it said.... Where's the guy who was riding it? he get medivaced ?

"nah , it's my sled"

"never seen one wrecked like that that someone survived"

If I hadn't been wearing a tekvest, I'd probably have broken ribs and punctured stuff

A tekvest is on my Christmas list. I was trying to carve the sled one day and smacked my chest into the handlebar. I think I bruised some ribs. It sucks getting old.

me too, was shocked at how bad the sled was when I got up. Worst part was laying there trying to get my helmet open but couldn't cos it was all messed up. had to actually unstrap it and get it off.

Was just laying there... "can't get up right now... need a minute... but gotta let the guys know I'm ok." managed a double thumbs up and then just layed there looking at the blue sky for a minute.

Wow Irish, so glad you are OK. I have been riding with an EVS snow vest for two seasons now and I will not ride without a prtective vest ever again.

How did the rails bend?

G.B.

I'm guessing it flipped end over end, and with the extensions and no bumper extension, the rails took the main hit on the flip, just speculation tho....

irish_redneck said:
I'm guessing it flipped end over end, and with the extensions and no bumper extension, the rails took the main hit on the flip, just speculation tho....

That is crazy as the bumper and rear of the tunnel look pretty straight. The sled overall in the picture looks pretty good if it was flipping end over end down the trail.

G.B.

That sucks... had a similar accident but got away with way less damage to the sled... glad u are ok though :sled2:

Wow! I really feel as though I lucked out when mine broke! Glad you're OK!

Back