• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Over boost and hitting rev limiter

Windernation

Country
USA
Snowmobile
09 Nytro
17 Sidewinder btx se
I have a 2017 sidewinder mtx with hurricane 270 tune. The sled recently started hitting the rev limiter. Checked everything over in the clutches and everything looks good. The 270 tune is suppose to run 17.5 psi and when I give it full throttle it hits 19 psi then levels out at 18 and the knock sensor start flashing a couple seconds into full throttle. I checked the sled over for loose hoses and used sinch wired on the ones on the waste gate actuator and hose claps on some of the big ones. Any ideas what it could be or what else to check? Thanks

I have a 2017 sidewinder mtx with hurricane 270 tune. The sled recently started hitting the rev limiter. Checked everything over in the clutches and everything looks good. The 270 tune is suppose to run 17.5 psi and when I give it full throttle it hits 19 psi then levels out at 18 and the knock sensor start flashing a couple seconds into full throttle. I checked the sled over for loose hoses and used sinch wired on the ones on the waste gate actuator and hose claps on some of the big ones. Any ideas what it could be or what else to check? Thanks

Your blowing out the track and over boosting, maybe you need more weight in the clutch to hold it back.

Added more weight to the clutches today. It kept the sled off the rev limiter but it still ran 18.5 psi and knock lights flashed at full throttle

Stock clutches with dalton weights
Also check clamps at the head holding the boots that go to the throttle bodies, could be loose letting boost out and creating the knock light.

Back