• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Painting exhaust tips

RX1 Yooper

TY 4 Stroke Junkie
I read a post here about painting the tips with anodizing red paint. It looked great in the picture.

If you're still out there, did they discolor, or not hold up?

I'll bet those 04 black exhaust tips are spendy. You would be better off taking the 03's to a plating shop or a gun smith and having them anodized black for about $40.00

Here is what i was going to do. Pick up a bottle of Birchwood Casy Aluminum Black for Aluminum pistol frames and doing them myself. If you decide to it that way make sure you buff the coating off them first so the aluminum black will work.

I painted mine with krylon paint and it held up well . The tips didn't get hot enough to discolor or peel. The color ? why osha safety blue. No #*$&@ they look cool. :D :D

I painted my exhaust tips with black Duplicolor engine enamel. I was tired of constantly wiping them down to get rid of the discharge. It worked great with no peeling or cracking whatsoever. You don't need to buy new ones and you don't need flat barbeque paint. Looks awsome with the rest of the sled.

RX1 Yooper said:
I read a post here about painting the tips with anodizing red paint. It looked great in the picture.

If you're still out there, did they discolor, or not hold up?

They held up until a back pack melted to one lol. Did we have a crash on the site? I noticed I had to re join before I could log in. I will try to get a picture of the damage done on the one that the back pack melted to and one of the one that is still ok once we can start uploading pics again.

Back