• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

People say it's normal that the nytro xtx back end sags down a lot, is that true?

Matthew457

Expert
Country
Other
Snowmobile
Yamaha Nytro xtx
Do all the people with nytro xtx's and stock shocks agree with this? Mines a 2012

Yes, most all seem to.

Get the Star kit and it will fix the sag and make it handler much better. FYI, I have a 2013 Nytro XTX: Here's my Mod list in order of priority assuming ample $$ : Mountaintech 43+2 A-arms ~$650, Star Suspension~$300, Roest Skid Plate~$130, Dupont Slides, Ulmer XTX Clutch kit. Good Luck!

star kit will help some, so will hygear torsion spacers will also help some.

Here's my experience, I have had 2 Nytro XTX's and 2 Apex XTX'S.
They all would sag about 2-3 inches stock.
I installed the Hygear torsion spring spacers and now my Nytro only will sag 1" and the Apex will only sag 1/2".

I have the Star kit in mine, which helped a bit, but there's still some sag at times even when thawed in the garage, more so once the normal amount of snow/ice accumulates on the tunnel. I quit caring about it after I installed the Star kit - the skid soaks up anything I put it through, no bottoming, and I'm not exactly a lightweight. Apart from the aesthetics, I don't think it's worth worrying about.

I have the Star kit in mine, which helped a bit, but there's still some sag at times even when thawed in the garage, more so once the normal amount of snow/ice accumulates on the tunnel. I quit caring about it after I installed the Star kit - the skid soaks up anything I put it through, no bottoming, and I'm not exactly a lightweight. Apart from the aesthetics, I don't think it's worth worrying about.
X2

I have the star suspension set on soft. Maybe I have 2" of sag or set in. Not once have I ever bottomed out. Weight 215lbs

Here are some pics I took this weekend of the sag on my 2012 nytro xtx. I took the back end and pushed it down as far as I could and it stays there by it self(the first pic shows this and it is about 22inches from the ground) the second picture is of when I pulled the back end up as high as it goes and it does stay there by it self( second pic shows the back end 26 inches from the ground) So this means that it sags about 4 inches. Now the next 3 pics I have is the dual shock when the sled it pushed down as far as it can go but it stays there, in the pic I am not pushing down, that is just the height that it rides at pretty much.(As you can see there is about 1inch of shock absorption left. And the last two pics show the sled sag(pic one) and then when I pull it up all the way and it stays (pic two) Preload can adjusters(I believe they are called) are on hard. Brought the sled to the Yamaha dealer ship and they said this is normal for nytros and they hardened my suspension. Seems not right but I guess if they say it is they its gotta be alright!

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    25.2 KB · Views: 112
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    27 KB · Views: 98
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    23.8 KB · Views: 110
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg