• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

phazer 2010 idling way too high

Rodmax

Country
Canada
Snowmobile
Yamaha phazer 2010
When I start it , it takes off , will go 20-30 km/h without touching throttle, but throttle still works.
only issue that happened is that the wires on gage were pulled out and some may have grounded together, I am trying to get all connected up again but still the high rpm when started up.
Where should I start???

weird - I'd start by turning the screw to adjust the idle, maybe something with wonky with that. Fire it up on a stand then turn lefty, its located through hole by left A arm. I put a picture somewhere not far back.

I am trying to get all connected up again but still the high rpm when started up.
Where should I start???

Start up here I’m at 22-2400 rpm.
Is your red light on when you start it?
Is it all warmed up and still Reving high?

Your idle adjustment is above your a arm on brake side of sled. Round plug. Pull out and use Phillip’s to adjust. Counter clock to lower rpm.

When I start it , it takes off , will go 20-30 km/h without touching throttle, but throttle still works.
Re reading , that that’s gotta be 5000 rpm idle or more to engage primary and get you moving when started up. That’s abit scary.

will try the diagnostic mode thing tomorrow!!

Throttle position at 25 relaxed and 98 full throttle,, idle rpm at 2800 when I touch throttle it goes 5600 rpm..
Can I fix this just by turning down the adjustment screw??? found the hole where the screw is supposed to be, I have to go deeper to find it...for some reason it is not where it should be...

This sled just did this , last week ran fine idled normal, just progressively started idling faster!??

Thanks, Rodney.

Last edited:
You'll have to adjust the throttle position sensor to within spec. Closed, it's supposed to be between 15 and 18 so at 25, you're way out of spec. Adjust it down to 15 or you might get TORS issues like I did (I'm surprised you're not getting TORS activation now). Make sure to check your throttle cable freeplay first. It should be 2-3mm at the throttle handle. Check the repair manual for procedures.

Edit: Check that the TPS is not defective and check it as per the manual. Internal resistance may be out of spec.

found the problem.. don't know how or why but the throttle cable housing was completely unthreaded from its mount point... I screwed it back in checked throttle position (15) 98 full throttle.... took it out for a ride and it is good... simple but why?.

It happens with vibrations and such or it wasn't tightened properly. At least you found it.

Back