• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Phazer for a BIG guy

dmelectrician

Extreme
Hey everyone.. Just curious about the phazer and if it would work for me.. Im about 6 feet 270lbs.. I was looking at and tried both the phazer and nytro, but buying new the phazer will be alot more affordable.. What do ya think.. buy the phazer or suck it up and dig up the extra cash for a nytro.. and by the way when I did ride the phazer I found it to be an absolute blast on the trails.. Thanks..

I'm just a few lbs. under that, and the same height. It fit's me fine.

I tightened up two holes on the front limiter strap, to improve the initial bite on turn-in, to offset my big a$$

I'M 240 plus and my phazer is fine - i'm almost 6 foot as well.

I'm 6' 235 without gear. Holtzman nitrous for those times when you need a little more. I love the handling of the phazer, and the low end, but there are times in the hills when a little more hp is necessary. The nitrous was inexpensive, functional and there when you need it. 99% of the time the stock hp is plenty.

Shoprat said:
I'm 6' 235 without gear. Holtzman nitrous for those times when you need a little more. I love the handling of the phazer, and the low end, but there are times in the hills when a little more hp is necessary. The nitrous was inexpensive, functional and there when you need it. 99% of the time the stock hp is plenty.

I'd like to hear more about this please.

First off, I am no expert on Nitrous. There are guys on this forum that know a whole lot more than I do. I put the Holtzman Nitrous kit on my sled last year, because there are times when 80 hp is not enough, but 99% of the time it does everything I need it to do. I have the fuel setting at about 3/8 of a turn out for a 20hp shot. Otter just put this same set up on his phazer but is running less fuel pressure and obtained pretty good O2 readings. I still need to put the O2 sensor on the sled. It is not arm jerking power when you hit the button, but it keeps pulling right on through the 40mph range where it usually starts to lay down. It is also nice on hills when the snow is getting heavy. As soon as you think it might power out hit the button and keep climbiing. If we are playing on a big hill I will make a pass or so at it and see where it starts to power out and then hit the button just before I reach that point and it will keep going. Is it an 800 Dragon? No. Does the Nitrous add a measure of fun to playing with the big sleds? Yes. The best part is it is a heck of a lot cheaper than a turbo and you only use it when you need it. If you look at all the mods you would have to do short of a turbo to get to 100hp you are looking a a good chunk of change. I just figured that it is not that often I need the extra shot in the arm, but when I do this is the best bang for the buck. Even my buddies that are younger and slightly insane who all have 800 Dragons and can ride the heck out of them like the Nitrous on the Pahzer. If you have any questions I can answer let me know, but as I said there are some very knowledgable guys on this site, more so than me. :nos

I can't seem to get the pictures to post. Shoot me an e-mail at jodenrider@cashmere.wednet.edu and I will attach the files that show the pictures. The bottle mounts in the nose where the tool kit was. A great time to install the kit is when you change the oil as you have everything tore out anyway. If i had it to do over again i would have put the fuel screw 90 degrees to the sled in the right rear corner of the airbox. I put it at a 45 in the corner. It was kind of a pain to dial on it.

I have two 1.7lb bottles and one lasts the better part of a day. The other one I keep in my pack. It all depends on the size of nozzles you are using as to how long the bottle lasts. The nozzels are measured in grams per second for discharge. Convert grams to lbs and volia you know how long a given bottle will last you. :nos

Back