• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Phazer for wife?

I would NEVER let my wife ride a Phazer ...unless you dont like her. They are NOT a beginner sled. "lightweight fourstroke" or not they are NOT beginners sleds. I wouldnt even let my friends ride my 07' Phazer cause it was basicly a 3-wheeler on the snow.

I think what he means is bone stock they can be rough and dangerous.

Takes some changes to make them a nicer/safer ride.

It's starting to sound like DooTalk in here with this bickering. I agree, off trail it's probibly not a good Ubernoob sled but on trail with someone who doesn't push the envelope much it's just fine. Have I come close to rolling my phazer on the trail, yes....... Was I pushing it Really hard YES.

I recently asked the same question and got the same set of answers you got. Some say yay, some say nay. Mine likes it. 07 FX with a tall windshield and the little side wind deflectors. My wife liked it right out of the gate. Ours is bone stock. Darting issues and all.

I think the various responses depend more on riding experience and desire to ride something different than anything else. Some have it and some dont. Some will eventually get it and some never will.

My wife has been riding sleds for several years, horses since she was little and has more miles behind the wheel of our one-ton than I ever will.

Nice thing is that its a fun ride for you as well. Not sure I would want it as my only sled but to ride it half the time is the best of both worlds.

Some say its light. 475 lbs of dry weight isnt that light. This is comperable to a 1998 xc 700. Some say its slow. It does a solid 80 at over 12,000 rpm's. It goes fast enough for 98% of our trail rides. The sensation of speed riding this thing at 80 is nothing like doing 80 on something like a Viper.

My advice is to shop around and look for the right deal. There out there. If you dont like it. Sell it and get something else.

pat the rat said:
my wife loves her phazer ,bought it new and she was at ease from the start,now pushing 12000 miles,i want to get her somethin new but she wont let me,if any guy,or ''man'' cant handle a phazer they shouldnt be driving any sled,my 2 cent

good for her & happy to hear the 12k mile mark. also, i couldn't agree with you more.

firefighter, gt's have good shocks ('11), can set up for a soft ride & the best wind protection in the phazer line up. big windshield & knee deflectors.

I bought one for my wife a 07 mountain and figured they couldn't be all bad and there probably not i have 3 complains so far not near enough sled for mountain riding, its a very cold sled, ski pressure. But my wife likes it the biggest issue is steering. I think a set of aftermarket skis will help what seems popular and requires the least effort to steer? If i could have done it over i wouldn't have thought twice about getting a nytro or an M7

My phazer has almost no ski pressure. Maybe it's in how the suspension is set up? They are underpowered for the steep and deep. and a little cold. but I can not get my wife to ride anything else. she rode a 08 polaris 600 rmk for about 20 miles and demanded her phazer back. LOL

my girl has never ridden a sled in her life, and neither have i, until 2007 at me 35years old and my girl at 28years old, never had a atv or a mini bike.. only thing either of us had ridden was a bicycle, (granted my bicycle cost 10k) lawnmower or a car.. both of us have phazers.. no issues what so ever.. yes we modded them.. new skis because of the darting.. everything else because its fun.. and quad you used to be someone whos posts i enjoyed reading.. they used to be informative and positive or ask a question about an issue.. not so much anymore.. i would rather buy new skis and replace some slides than rebuild an engine, and correct me if im wrong but isnt 2 times the limit on an engine rebuild???? so after that you are just left with a paper weight with good slides???? im not going to bash another sled mfg, but i dont understand why anyone would buy a 2 stroke.. its going to blow up, especially with the newer fuels with ethanol.. its the nature of the beast.. and im not talking out my rear end.. i work for one of the largest small engine distributors in the country.. our svc dept is filled with 2stroke saws and trimmers. there is 1 25hp kawi 4stroke in our dept blown up, the guy didnt tighten the dipstick and ran it out of oil..his fault.. we sell chainsaws, lawnmowers, and string trimmers.. i also own a landscape company.. i would get 2 seasons out of my 2stroke trimmers, this summer will be my 5th season on my 4stroke trimmers.. we have seen a huge increase of engine detonation on saws and any other 2 stroke equipment.. i bought phazers because of fuel economy, resale value, and performance not because i can run over a 4x4 fence post and not hurt it.

Edited to Remove personal statement

Please guys just keep to the topic.Phazer and wife if comparing another sled put it in Head to Head forum and never write personally directed posts.I cleaned up most but everytime editing is done it can change meaning of posts so it really shouldnt be done.Only other alternative is to delete entire threads if rules get bent or people get personal.None of us want that.Please think about it.These machines are made for having fun.They are only machines and do not adapt to everyone riding them.You need to adapt,modify or just enjoy what you have.Either way it is better than sitting around all winter waiting for summer and I bet fun will come no matter what.

Thanks everyone for your replies. It helped us out alot.Please though keep in mind the above post this site is so great for so many reasons.I mean just think if this site wasn't here all I would have to go on is a salesman and most of the time there not going to give info like you can get here.Plus your actually talking to people who own and have used the machine.You can't get any better info then that.

The phazer GT is a great sled all around for trail cruising. Doulie carbides will remove most all of the darting as far as the engine breaking goes its ither a LOVE or Hate kinda thing. I personally like not having to brake as often it saves me pad life. The wind protection of the GT is good maybe some handgaurds being that I've only ever had cold hands myself, and that's only when its about 0 and were traveling at 70-90 for an hour. The sound isn't really more than any 500 or 440 two stroke. If your worried you should check for the Ride event in your area. If i were you i would look for a leftover at the end of the season that's what i did and it saved me 2000.

Well I havnt been here in a bit and from whats now posted I see theres obviously been some blazing going on..... real cool lol.
Anyways Ill just part w saying that I am so glad I jumped ship.
STill like ya guys here and sure didnt want to offend anyone.
1260 miles on the new sled so far and have had to only add fuel and oil.
The comments about 2 rebuilds? etc.... what?
I guess after my 6 year warranty runs out if I have to pay for a rebuild Ill deal with it. Luckily if it does blow its less likely to be a total loss than a fourstroke....IF it blows. In the mean time Ill have saved so much $$ not modifying a lesser sled and constantly fixing weak pionts. 12##+ miles and hyfax look brand new.... and still has the original a-arms. etc....
Im happy where Im at thanx.
Ill hit the VRS section soon.....enjoy!

QUADSCRIB said:
I would NEVER let my wife ride a Phazer ...unless you dont like her. They are NOT a beginner sled. "lightweight fourstroke" or not they are NOT beginners sleds. I wouldnt even let my friends ride my 07' Phazer cause it was basicly a 3-wheeler on the snow.

I couldn't agree more. I just rode my phazer again after seeing my wfe struggle on it and its a peice of crap. I am looking forward to getting rid of it. Its just not an easy snowmobile to ride or to get setup properly. she loves my etec (i do miss my apex still after 2400 miles) which is very comfortable and easy to ride (way too much power for my wife). if you want a light 4 stroke that is easy to ride i would do a ski doo 1200. I still love yamaha and the apex but i wish yamaha could make a ditchbanger that is easier to setup, lighter, more stable and easier on the knees (more like the 1200). I'd be back in a heart beat. I left ski doo because i couldn't ride the revs because of my knees and I left yamaha because i wanted a lighter ride than the apex and the XP was back to being knee friendly.

Back