• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Phazer Observation

guage cluster

i'm not so sure about the guage cluster on the bars like that. roll the sled thats likely to suffer damage. also seems likely to snag a tree branch too. not sure of its exact mount. is it fixed or can it roll on a pivot point??

ripsaw vs hacksaw ???

I haven't yet figured out the difference between the hacksaw and the ripsaw, other than the only hacksaws I can find are 1" lugs, and all ripsaws I can find are 1.25" Lugs. Anybody know any details?

Re: guage cluster

hibshman25 said:
i'm not so sure about the guage cluster on the bars like that. roll the sled thats likely to suffer damage. also seems likely to snag a tree branch too. not sure of its exact mount. is it fixed or can it roll on a pivot point??

"EXACTLY"... this is by far the biggest potential problem! I'd worry about it way before concerns with swaybars. VERY,VERY poor location for the guages! I hope they have an aftermarket mount where they can be moved in front of the bars or behind down near the tank some where. Who puts the digital guage pod on top of the handle bars .......how stupid. :die

I certainly agree about the guages, they will never make it. My real concern is that I have been spoiled since my 97 MM, 2000 MM, Mountain Viper and now Mountain Vector all had heated running boards. Now we are looking at boards like Cat and the rest and a ton of snow build up.

I really like the dry running boards!

I just read this post, I will be snow checking one soon. You have to remember that these are pre production units, the sway bar might be different. The other thought that the radiator will be plugged with snow :drink: , the idea is to cool the engine, it is full of hot coolant, the snow will melt. ;)!

Phazer Sway Bars:

Although certain things may change on the actual production models here's what's confirmed on the prototypes:

Phazer std model: no sway bar (or reverse or windshield)

FX: link type sway bar which allows some independent action in the fully extended part of the travel and then "ramps up" and fully couples later in the stroke. Yes, it does hang down some also.

GT and Mtn Lite: looks like a slider type sway bar which should be fully coupled at all times (not progressive like the link on the FX). Similar to a rev, poo or many others.

Re: guage cluster

alaskanbowtie said:
"EXACTLY"... this is by far the biggest potential problem! I'd worry about it way before concerns with swaybars. VERY,VERY poor location for the guages! I hope they have an aftermarket mount where they can be moved in front of the bars or behind down near the tank some where. Who puts the digital guage pod on top of the handle bars .......how stupid. :die

We were informed at the Demo ride in Muni that the guage bracket will changed for production as it gets in the way of the mountain strap as well. Look for it to be lower and not the highest point on the sled.

this is good news

Glad to hear they pulled there head out of there azz, amazing how engineers can come up with some of the dumbest shizz, shows that all the book smarts in the world won't give you common since! I couldn't believe that guage when I saw it up on top of the handle bars....... so stupid it was funny. :tg:

cdnredline said:
Phazer Sway Bars:

Although certain things may change on the actual production models here's what's confirmed on the prototypes:

Phazer std model: no sway bar (or reverse or windshield)

FX: link type sway bar which allows some independent action in the fully extended part of the travel and then "ramps up" and fully couples later in the stroke. Yes, it does hang down some also.

GT and Mtn Lite: looks like a slider type sway bar which should be fully coupled at all times (not progressive like the link on the FX). Similar to a rev, poo or many others.

Everything I have been told is that the standard and FX have the same sway bar.

Back