• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Phazer Oil Change

Amsoil 1 said:
I always said that if change oil should change filter because thats what has most of the dirt in it, it dont hirt to do a little extra
ya,that's what i thought too but after i changed it at its initial oil change,i said,the hell with it, im not gonna take that sled apart every year just to change the oil filter so im going by the book on this one,it takes under an hour instead of the hole afternoon,got too much riding to do to waste it trying to find a filter that doesnt need to be changed,yamaha says so

Called both Napa and CarQuest and neither could get that filter for me. Is the number:

KN 147??

They said then could not find a filter with those numbers. Can you point me to a website where I can order them?

Thanks!

Thanks. I found that last night on Dennis Kirk. Was not sure but know I am. I will be ordering four of them today so I have what I need.

Thanks!

Tried to tackle the oil change today the way you described. There was no way we could figure out how you got it out. We put it back together and scratched our heads......

This is the ONLY thing I hate about that sled.

dealer showed me that he takes off the airbox and does it from the top - he did say don't drop it.

I looked at the air box and could not figure out how to get it off. My mechanical skills are VERY limited. Figured if I did get it off I would NEVER get it back the right way and would have a really nice ornament to look at in the garage that would never run the same way again.

Got them both done today. One filter went on harder than the other but it seemed to be OK. I put KN 147 on both the STD and the GT. Next time it will e much easier to remove the old filters. They don't give you much room.

MNUser said:
Got them both done today. One filter went on harder than the other but it seemed to be OK. I put KN 147 on both the STD and the GT. Next time it will e much easier to remove the old filters. They don't give you much room.

MN, I am super stoked to hear you tackled this project, for most this was a bring it into the dealer type deal, however MN hung it out and did not give up! Great job and goes to show you no project is to big with help of our friends at TY. :Rockon: MN

Thanks Steve for all the help. This site has been a wonderful place to gain information for people like myself. It is really nice to be able to call Steve and ask questions which help me get headed in the right direction.

Next, conquer the rear suspension. This is one area I have never felt comfortable around. I will need to pull it on my son's GT and add the fourth wheel and the low snow wheels. Summer project.

There is no need to pull the rear skid to install the 4th wheel kit, but you could remove it for the hell of it so that you know what is what. I had my sled for a total of 4 hours before I ripped it apart just to see what was what so when I needed to make any type of repair I would have an idea of what to expect when there is snow on the ground !!! Good luck dude !!!

Back