• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

phazer sway bar question

ZAKSTANG

Expert
Anyone remove theirs??? I ride mostly off trail...trail handling means little to me....i would have to stiffen my preload on front springs but i am wondering if anyone else has done this for off trail/deep snow riding.....

opinions??

I took out the stock one and put a 15mm Nytro in. I didn't notice a huge benefit. if anything, it lost some bump compliance if you land crooked.

I took mine off, because I prefer the independent bump compliance to make it feel more like the bikes I'm used to riding. It works much better for me off the trail, on the track, and in the ditch banging the rough stuff. Most of the time when I'm riding the trails I'm riding with the family so I'm not going fast anyway so the flat cornering body roll wasn't that much of an issue. Though I did have to put new heavier springs on the shocks to make it feel better and controllable. The stock springs didn't quite cut it and it body rolled pretty hard in the corners even at slow speed. I do have a extra set of heavier springs from HyGear sitting around if you want some to run on the sled without the sway bar..

I have run mine both on and off. Off trail in the trees it is nice. On trail it rolls. I need either heavier springs or much stiffer shocks. How much stiffer are your extra springs? How much do you want for them? I much perfer having the sway bar off, but with the springs now set as stiff as they can go, it is a hog to get anywhere to play. With our snow conditions, we have no choice but to ride trails to get high enough to play.

The springs are 200 lbs/in, I don't remember what the stock rate is. I used them once on my sled then went with a slightly heavier spring. I paid $100 dollars for them and would like to get $75 for them now. They still look new yet. If you want a picture I'll send some to you, just let me know.

Back