• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Phazer Thoughts

Tayz588

Extreme
Hey all, been surfing here for a little while, registered once i got my new 07 Phazer GT. I fell into the hype sled of 07. Man we are all pretty patient, after reading all the breakage and problems. So far nothing has went wrong with mine exept the radiator plugs nonstop, tried everything, even tried drilling holes in the bottom of the cover to allow snow/melted snow to escape, but that has only helped minimally. Another thing is the noise is just terrible..belt squeeling nonstop, suspension squeek, and the GT could bottom out going over a 2X4. I will admit im not impressed. Main concerns is snow build up, and some cold nights the steering seems to freeze up or something as it is hard as hell to turn. Im not here to complain as I just did, I was mainly wondering if you guys had any suggestions to fix any of these problems. Will FX shock springs go on the KYB's that I have?? hoping just to get something stiffer, the springs are the main problem people, many people just go for new shocks, but these KYB's have very good potential if they were re-spring'ed to stiffer. Input appreciated. Thanks guys and yes I LOVE MY PHAZER...cant even ride a old styled sled anymore.

Why not go and voice your concerns with you dealer and see if they can do anything for you. Side panels will greatly reduce ice build up on your running boards. A fan behind the radiator will make up for the cooling, if your heat exchanger, gets clogged with ice. And if your rear suspension breaks, Yamaha has updated kits so that it wont happen again. The 07's do have a few issues, but nobody is complaining about there 08's. Having things go wrong every once in a while is part of owning a first year sled. But like I said before, just about everything can be updated to be like the 08's. I don't have info for you on changing out springs

I had a recall on the stearing. they put in a fan. bought bigger adjuster blocks to tighten the torsion springs in back. Havn't closed the tunnel cuz I think it looks cool and stop often enough to kick the sides and cleen er out. Hope the "link" don't break but I got an extended warrenty. Sorry to hear about the disapointments. Thatz All I read hear. Hope my luck continues, Good Kuck in the future :Rockon:

Thanks guys, yeah tonight I was riding home from work and the trails are great here in SE MN..just got dumped again...well on the ride home i took a shortcut across a field like always and went through the deep powder, bout 2 miles later the yellow warning light is on!! shut it off immediatly after stopping, and let it sit for a bit...limped it back home basically being cooled by the rad cuz sure enough the heat exchanger area was a huge ice block! WOW wtf was yamaha thinking...these things are nice, but not yamaha nice IMO..yamaha is better than to put such pathetic springs on these...you honestly can bottom out over basically any sized bump...and yes EVERYTHING is maxed out stiff. Front cover infront of the radiator got clogged with ice and snow so bad that it cracked the plastic cuz it cooled and heated...wtfffffffff

I closed off my tunnel after my very first ride. Was doin some agressive ridin and my foot actually slipped off and on to the ground, scary. My front suspension was sqeeky as well until I lubed all the ball joints with chain wax. My front steering freezes up all the time but it goes in tomorrow for the recall on that issue. I have the Fx model and it bottoms out all the time. Im gonna have the shocks re-valved this summer using Race Tech valves. Works well on my quad so what the heck. All in all its a great sled just needs the bugs worked out.

Back