• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

PHAZER TURBO

grooter

HAS ANYONE PUT ON A TURBO OR SUPERCHARGER ON THERE PHAZER? :-o WAS IT HARD AND WHAT WAS THE COST

I guess it's the price you have to pay to go fast.

really if you think about it , it's actually cheaper than a fx nytro if you do it yourself but its alot of work

My plan was to pass the sled on to my kids in a few years when I get something else but yes it sure is tempting to put a Turbo on.Wish Yamaha would do it.

cannondale27 said:
My plan was to pass the sled on to my kids in a few years when I get something else but yes it sure is tempting to put a Turbo on.Wish Yamaha would do it.
If yami made this sled in 09 with a turbo and a resonable price still I would buy it and alot of my riding buddies would

tee rex what kinda topend ugetting how about thru entire powerband and do you have to use better fuel any reliability issues? im on flatland compared to you

topend just over 100 mph. I have the GT gearing. I have really not tested full topend yet, have not dared to keep full throttle for that long because of a bit bumpy surface but will test it soon.
I use the best premium pump fuel we get around here. No reliability issues yet. There have been some updates to the MCX turbo kit lately to make it even better. I am getting the muffler modified this week to get better throttle response and less turbo lag in the bottom end.

what updates are you talking about the only two mcxpress updates that I thought there was to change the exhuast outlet and and wrap the exhaust with heat tape the airfilter mod was a do it your self thing.

Here : http://www.mc-xpress.com/product.asp?ID=136

"After one season we now know that the engine is very reliable. The turbo kit has been upgraded to be able to handle driving in deep snow for long periods without any hasitation from the engine."

I have ordered this upgrade kit today. Not expensive.
It is a heat shield between air filter and exhaust, and an alu-tube with short rubber hoses instead of the long rubber tube.

They also agree that a modified muffler or a replacement muffler with less resistance will increase power and throttle response a bit, and that turbo pressure probably will increase ;)!

For extreme powder snow use, they also suggest moving the air filter outside using an 180 degree angle tube.

Back