• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Phazers -- what to watch out for...?

G-ball said:
All good points to consider .... except that you have never seen the pipes on my girlfriend!! She puts me to shame .... (but yah for me!! ;)!)

And I never said anything about her being a "begginer" ... she's been riding my old MM700 for the last two years ... just wants something newer, reverse and electric start. I think she will need a few rides to get used to the "feel" of the higher centre of gravity, as did I going from my Summit to the Nytro. In fact, she was having trouble getting that MM to lean over to power through the pow pow .... I think she'll like this.

We bought an 07 MTX with 1400 km on it .... track looks perfect, grips seem to get hot. Has a storage bag on the rear. It was a 13 year old boy's ride that his father bought him ..... he is getting something lighter and "flatter" as he doesn't have the weight or strength to toss it around. At keast I know he didn't jump the crap out of it.

..... she tells me now I have to add some pink bling to it ..... should have bought the ring, it might have been cheaper .....

Thanks fellas for all the in-put.

My Wife loved hers!! She has moved up to my '07 Apex and loves it. I have recently been riding the Phazer as my SCApex has been in the shop gertting a new chain-case. I have as much fun on the Phazer as I do on any of my other sleds. A whole different riding realm comes onto play. What I mean by this is that stuff that isn't fun to hit on the other sleds is a blast on this little guy. On tighter trails it can be tough to keep up with as it just doesn't overpower/push through the corners as much as my other sleds. It definitely likes the rider to be more aggressive with it in cornering and seems to really like the rider standing. Not everyone will like this sled but I for one think it is a great sled that is a blast to ride.
As for issues, we haven't had any in the 3,000+ miles. This summer I plan on going through all of the suspension and replacing any worn bushings or anything of the like just so it stays in top condition. I also plan on upgrading the suspension and extending the track to a 151".

My wife has a phazer mtx and she is a fairly new rider. She loves it as she is a stand up style rider anyway and found the trail manners to be rather nice compared to more sit down traditional style sleds. She is also 6' tall and very athletic. She also wanted a sled that would force her to be more aggressive, rather than passive. So, the phazer was perfect.

If I was buying a sled for someone that would occationally tag along, sit most of the time, and not be an aggressive rider, the phazer would not be the machine, but for someone looking to gain some skills, it is an awesome machine with lots of room to grow.

She is already talking longer track and NOS. I am a very luck man ;)!

i bought a used one and it blew up in less than 460 miles. but i got a new motor under warranty. i think it had problems before and mine came with a high altitude kit and they said it was a low one. so it could of been the problem. the new motor fell like it has more power and its louder. they are tippy, not sure how much more than a nytro though.

We bought a new 09 for my girlfriend and she's in love with it. The fun factor of that sled has made a snowmobile fanatic out of her. It's awesome.

Back