• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Phone charging while riding issue

Sledroll

TY 4 Stroke Master
Country
Canada
Snowmobile
2022 SRX LE
2017 SW LTX LE
I am trying to charge my phone in the goggle bag while riding , but inevitably the charge cord becomes un hooked .
Anyone having this issue , and have a solution ?

I run the Rocztoys power supply on my Vipers and have never had the cable come out of my iPhone in the goggle bag. I did by 90* cords for them as the regular ones were just a tad tight. Bag keeps phone warm, power supply keeps phone charged, Sena S50 keeps music flowing and Chubby Buttons makes it all work with gloves on.

Yamaha Handlebar bag has a nice pocket on the fwd side of it.

I’ve always thought carrying a phone main purpose is in case of emergency it is a form of communication. With that in mind the best place for the device is in a pocket on your body. If the off chance something happens to the sled (fire ,submerged) you have the device at your disposal. Even a crash and you can’t move and are separated from machine you could still access it

If the battery does last all day in your pocket you probably time for an upgrade

Knappattack has a good setup to accomplish this, as he answered this question for me years ago. He uses a handlebar mounted cellphone bag with a Qi Charger underneath, which both charges and keeps the phone warm. Hopefully he chimes in.

1648399907314.png

1648399940025.png

I charge my I phone in my google bag never had issues but I do put my phone in my toque before putting in google bag.

I've used a rubber Qi wireless charging tray that cradles the phone really well. I've also had great results just using the USB charge port on the phone, as long as all the pocket lint is cleared out. If there's any crud in there the physical connection becomes unreliable.

I charge my I phone in my google bag never had issues but I do put my phone in my toque before putting in google bag.
I bought a new Iphone brand cord , as I think the current cord is an after market one that doesn't fit as securely as it should .
The display charge cord model at the Best Buy store has a 90 degree turn , that doesn't stick straight out , as all seem to do , but also clicks when it is inserted to the phone, to help hold it in . Unfortunately they do not sell this version , as it has security integrated into it , for the store .
The toque will also eliminate , most of the jiggling around for sure .

I am trying to charge my phone in the goggle bag while riding , but inevitably the charge cord becomes un hooked .
Anyone having this issue , and have a solution ?

The cable really shouldn't be pulling out. Look inside the port on your phone, they are notorious for picking up pocket lint which allows the end of the charging cable to not seat properly and fall out easily. I use a small plastic piece to clean out that port once in awhile.

If you want a cheap way to do it, just wrap the cord back up along the edge of the phone, leaving enough slack in the cable that you aren't putting pressure on the port. Secure with a hair or rubber band.

Wire shouldn't come out??? Oh OK. Governments should be doing gain of function viral research either but hey here we are.
These cases are harder to find now. The zippers are cheap. I keep an extra on hand. Looking into going to a charging Quad Lock Mount.

Wire shouldn't come out??? Oh OK. Governments should be doing gain of function viral research either but hey here we are.
These cases are harder to find now. The zippers are cheap. I keep an extra on hand. Looking into going to a charging Quad Lock Mount.

Make sure you get the vibration dampener.

I bought a new Iphone brand cord , as I think the current cord is an after market one that doesn't fit as securely as it should .
The display charge cord model at the Best Buy store has a 90 degree turn , that doesn't stick straight out , as all seem to do , but also clicks when it is inserted to the phone, to help hold it in . Unfortunately they do not sell this version , as it has security integrated into it , for the store .
The toque will also eliminate , most of the jiggling around for sure .

Ya i only used the original iPhone cord and I think that putting in toque helps it from bouncing around.

Knappattack has a good setup to accomplish this, as he answered this question for me years ago. He uses a handlebar mounted cellphone bag with a Qi Charger underneath, which both charges and keeps the phone warm. Hopefully he chimes in.

Yes, it works soooo well, and is cheap to accomplish. You can see the live data if you use a flasher, or a trial map on your phone if you prefer too. Pieces can be had from amazon With the Qi charger it charges and heats the phone up as well.

209026A2-B7D3-4F07-A744-AFCAB15CEDD3.jpeg

Back