• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Picked up sled from storage and It wont do anything

dylanjen9

Expert
I just went to get my 07 vector from storage and when I turn the key it dosent do anything no clicks or sounds. Yes the kill switch is up. I put the battery tender on it a few days ago and it says it is fully charged. What are a few things I should check first? What is the trick to make the lights come on without it running so I can make sure the battery is working?

I would pull the battery and have it checked. Do you have a voltmeter? A fully charged battery should read something like 12.6v. Somebody correct me if I'm wrong.

Your battery tender likely won't get a charge into the battery if it's fully discharged. It may giver you a full charge reading even if the battery is discharged.

Defianatly check the battery voltage with a volt meter to varify battery voltage. Now these batteries like to sometimes short a cell out. You'll get a good voltage reading but the amperage won't be there. Check the fuse at the solenoid. One is a spare the other Is main power to the entire machine.

Same thing happened to my phazer a few years ago on a tripit worked fine one day and the next nothing it wound up being the starter. So if u got life in the battery and the fuses are good I would have the starter checked out.

Check the voltage even if the charger says its full. also try boosting it.

you could also find the batery cables are loose mine seem to come loose every year. have you inspected the batery yet?

When I jumped the sled it started and ran but when I took jumper cables off the gauges would not work but it stayed running. When I shut it off it would not do anything again. So I guess It needs a new battery right?

dylanjen9 said:
When I jumped the sled it started and ran but when I took jumper cables off the gauges would not work but it stayed running. When I shut it off it would not do anything again. So I guess It needs a new battery right?

Yes time for a new one.

I would try a new battery first and hopefully with a new battery the gauges start working again. The stator probably couldn't keep up running the lights, engine and accessories if the battery wasn't holding any charge at all.

Same thing with my '07 with the original battery. Battery worked fine last season and this fall it was totally shot. Not even my Optimate 4 could bring it back to life.

5 years is a good run for a sled battery. I was planning on replacing mine anyway just for peace of mind. I went with an Odyssey battery since I have had one in my Sea Doo for six seasons.

Back